Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
THAT... is a most excellent idea. I believe 'flamethrower' exhaust would have gotten them off my ass pretty quickly.

- Rob
Old 11-12-2003, 12:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder
The guy pulled into the driveway, and then the garage began to open up. It turns out, I pulled into this guy's home inadvertantly. I figure he became more scared than I when he got to his house and I was sitting in his driveway.
Friggin' classic, man! Hahahahaha!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-12-2003, 03:07 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Yeah, you can buy the flamethrower kit for like $50-$100. I saw an ad for it in MT or C&D a while back. Basically, you just drill holes towards the back of your exhaust, mount spark plugs in the holes, and run them to a switch. If the tailgaters were close enough, you could probably see them actually crap their pants when you hit the switch.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 11-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I'll just make the kit myself, thanks though.

- Rob
Old 11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Yeah, thats what I meant. $50-$100 for a couple of spark plugs, some wire, and a switch, it's ridiculous. I was just letting you know they're setup so you could mimick it. I just mentioned it because the way I've heard done before involved something like running a wire from the coil down the length of the exhaust. Needless to say, the guy that did it was an idiot. You'd have a field day with him Rob, your BS meter would probably break.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 11-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Well, you do need a coil... but in our cars, with the individual coils, it'd be pretty impossible. however, any coil would work really, so I'll just pull one from a junked car.

Run wire from battery to coil (with fuse), coil to spark plug. Ground the other side of the spark plug somewhere.. throw a switch in somewhere.

Bam.

- Rob

Course, I think one spark plug on each tip would be better....
Old 11-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Certified Porschephile

Be careful Chicane, because if you use your oil/flame thrower and they crash and get hurt, if they find out who it was, you'll be in ALOT more trouble then them. Whenever you use offensive weapons on someone you have already established intent, and being chased for road rage is not enough to defend a flame thrower or oil sprayer. Which of course both are already illegal. Use your head like everyone is telling you. Kelli had a good suggestion, in just driving to a police station or a crowded location where you would have witnesses in case it gets ugly.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I see your point, but I have almost zero faith in our 'justice system'. Every day, rapists, murders, and general low lifes getting out of prison, while the governemnt jails people for smoking a plant or reverse engineering something like the DVD encryption. It's pathetic. I'm much more of a vigilante than to just get them into trouble, I'd rather make sure that they know they should NEVER do something like that again, instead of just having them slapped with a ticket.

- Rob
Old 11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I'm much more of a vigilante than to just get them into trouble, I'd rather make sure that they know they should NEVER do something like that again, instead of just having them slapped with a ticket.

- Rob
think about your wife going to your funeral after you get killed in a road rage incident because you wanted to "teach someone a lesson."

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-12-2003, 07:39 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I see your point, but I have almost zero faith in our 'justice system'. Every day, rapists, murders, and general low lifes getting out of prison, while the governemnt jails people for smoking a plant or reverse engineering something like the DVD encryption. It's pathetic.
- Rob
I agree with you there. But anything else beyond this point, do it with care.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I'm on rob's side here...but i also advocate keeping it reasonable and knowing when to use it. The Flamethrower thing is neat...and with the flames and all, they'd never be able to see your license plate. Also think about wiring a kill switch to your license plate lights...then there's no way they'd be able to see the plate at night (which is typically when these things happen). The oil squirter thing is neat too...i'd just slow way down and then squirt...that way even if they can't see, they won't be going too fast at the time.

If you live your life worried about "what might happen if...", you'll never have any fun. I say go for it.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Certified Porschephile

I think you have bigger issues then how to mount your oil sprayer. If you think they were pissed because you cut them off, wait till you spray something on thier car. When you have sunken down to the level of those below you, you are no better, and in reality, far worse then them as you should have know better. As for your smoking a plant B.S., if you need drugs to get by, like I said you have other issues. So stealing DVDs by breaking the codes so you can bang out copies is OK? If that was your money you'd have a different opinion on what was ok and what isn't. What seperates us from the losers in this world, is we have rules to live by that are fair and reasonable. I realize the system doesn't always work, but that is because of lawyers and morons that sit in a jury and come back not guilty because they are pissed off in having thier day taken from them. But it's the only system we have and if you aren't happy with it, pay attention and change it. Actually vote and hold people responsible. Crying and being apethatic is the loser's way out. So is bending reality to suit your own agenda. I really thought it might be getting better, but to hear people actually thinking about oil sprayers and flames is disheartening. People like you are the reason I never go out without my sidearm. God forbid I somehow disrespect you by changing lanes or inadvertantly taking "your" parking space. You need to grow up and look around before you end up dead my friend. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but hopefully presenting a counter viewpoint for you to think about.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:43 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
So stealing DVDs by breaking the codes so you can bang out copies is OK?

You don't understand the technology behind the encryption. You don't need the DeCSS decryption to copy DVDs. As the matter of fact, you want to do a Image copy so the code stays the way it is. You don't even know it exists. It's like trying to figure out how the data is writting on a CD or a Hard Drive. You can copy a file from one place to another but you don't know how the file is made. All you see is a message. DeCSS is the code behind the scene. For anyone trying to copy DVD, they don't need to know what it is or they don't even know if it is there.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
I think you have bigger issues then how to mount your oil sprayer. If you think they were pissed because you cut them off, wait till you spray something on thier car. When you have sunken down to the level of those below you, you are no better, and in reality, far worse then them as you should have know better. As for your smoking a plant B.S., if you need drugs to get by, like I said you have other issues. So stealing DVDs by breaking the codes so you can bang out copies is OK? If that was your money you'd have a different opinion on what was ok and what isn't. What seperates us from the losers in this world, is we have rules to live by that are fair and reasonable. I realize the system doesn't always work, but that is because of lawyers and morons that sit in a jury and come back not guilty because they are pissed off in having thier day taken from them. But it's the only system we have and if you aren't happy with it, pay attention and change it. Actually vote and hold people responsible. Crying and being apethatic is the loser's way out. So is bending reality to suit your own agenda. I really thought it might be getting better, but to hear people actually thinking about oil sprayers and flames is disheartening. People like you are the reason I never go out without my sidearm. God forbid I somehow disrespect you by changing lanes or inadvertantly taking "your" parking space. You need to grow up and look around before you end up dead my friend. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but hopefully presenting a counter viewpoint for you to think about.
thank you
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
I think you have bigger issues then how to mount your oil sprayer. If you think they were pissed because you cut them off, wait till you spray something on thier car. When you have sunken down to the level of those below you, you are no better, and in reality, far worse then them as you should have know better.
Thank you mom. Or, in reality, they'll just keep on doing stuff like this, perhaps escalating to an even more serious/violent act. The cops didn't find him, so whoever this guy was would probably have no qualms about doing it again.

Quote:
As for your smoking a plant B.S., if you need drugs to get by, like I said you have other issues.
I'd like to point out that you just claimed I was the one doing the smoking, when in reality I didn't say that. So first off, I'd like an apology from you. Secondly, do you realize how much money, time, manpower, and effort is wasted in the war against marijuana? It's legal in MOST countries in the world. Almost every culture that has a climate that can support it, has some form of smoking it. Thirdly, and most importantly, I'd like to give you a small nugget of knowledge, a quick little history lesson.

Marijuana USED to be legal in the U.S.A. Do you know why it is no longer legal? The same reasons Freon has been replaced by R-134A (Dupont's patent on Freon ran out a few years back, so other companies could start producing it without paying dividends to Dupont, so low and behold Dupont's scientist's SUDDENLY realized how dangerous Freon was to the environment, and we should instead use R-134A. And guess who has a patent on THAT?? Yep. Dupont.), MONEY!!! A long time ago, there was a newspaper tycoon named "William Randolph Hearst". Perhaps you have heard of him. He owned quite a few newspapers (big ones), and he started branching off his investments in things related to the newspaper industry. He invested in land. Land with trees. Trees specifically made for paper. I'm not sure how much he had invested in it, but it was QUITE A BIT. And then.... danger! Someone had invented a machine (similar to the cotton gin) that could extract fiber from the easy to grow, easy to manage, marijuana plant. Thing is, since the 'weed' grew back SO quickly, in a certain time period, one could make FOUR TIMES as much paper in a single acre, in comparison to an acre of trees. This was a big problem, seeing as how he just invested in acres and acres of forest. What did he do? He used his newspapers to his advantage. He started publishing all these stories about Marijuna, and pushed any story that put it in a bad light. One thing I remember specifically is on the FRONT page of his papers, he kept running this car accident story, where they found a 'joint' in the backseat of one of the cars. Flip a few pages towards the back of the paper, and there were tons of alcohol related accidents, but they didn't get the front page. Why? Because Hearst knew he was about to lose a TON of money if people were allowed to start harvesting marijuana. So there you go. Money was the reason, Hearst was the guy, and THAT is the reason that it is illegal. Do you AGREE with that? I don't. Alcohol was illegal for a certain time period also, and people continued to drink. Pot was made illegal for a certain time period (it will be legal eventually), but people continue to smoke it. We all look back on prohibition and think how incredibly STUPID it is, and I shall look back on posts like yours and feel the same.

Quote:
So stealing DVDs by breaking the codes so you can bang out copies is OK?
Yes, as long as they're YOUR copies. Think about it. The RIAA fought the introduction of the cassette tape with a VENGENCE... why? Because people could copy music. Same with VHS. Same with CD-R. Same with MP3. Same with most media formats. The RIAA just wants everything to stay the same, so they can continue to assrape the consumer and inflate their prices. The sad thing is that we, as consumers, are entitled to make 'back up copies' for our own personal use, since according to them, we are paying for the 'rights' to the media, and we do not actually own it. What this means is that LEGALLY, you can copy everything you have, you just can't sell it, or give it to other people. But of course, they don't want you to know that (and you probably don't, judging at how informed you were about the topics discussed so far).

Quote:
What seperates us from the losers in this world, is we have rules to live by that are fair and reasonable.
So you REALLY think that EVERY rule and law we have in this country is fair and reasonable?!?! Please. The government exists to serve US, not the other way around. As citizens, it is our duty to change laws that need changing, and part of that is refusing to submit to stupid laws.

Quote:
I realize the system doesn't always work, but that is because of lawyers and morons that sit in a jury and come back not guilty because they are pissed off in having thier day taken from them.
Is that an opinion or a fact? Please back it up, I'm quite interested in your reasoning.

Quote:
But it's the only system we have and if you aren't happy with it, pay attention and change it.
I agree with you here.

- Rob
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: