How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-30-2003, 01:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Reaper450128
Any SVXers here real close to me?

Before I go putting SVX-WN cards on windshields of the two or three SVXs at my college, I thought I would make sure none of the owners were already registered here, so is anyone here currently attending Raritan Valley Community College in North Branch, NJ? I've seen a green one and a white one, not sure what years they are, and hopefully my black '92 will be able to show up on campus before the semester is out (just waiting to get the tranny so I can take it into the shop and get it running again).
Old 04-30-2003, 12:04 PM

i don't go to your school, but i am close, about 10 minutes away from Clinton. is that close enough for ya??

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:14 PM
StaceyVX

I think I have the only SVX at my college (Temple University).
Old 04-30-2003, 01:05 PM

I was actually kind of suprised to see how many there were around here. For a long time there was a silver one sitting on the side of Rt. 22 on the way past North Branch, but unfortunately that was before I was interested in them. The dealership I go to for service says they have them in fairly regularly, apparently from all over the tri-state area.

Honestly, though, I just want to know who I would be seeing at RVCC so I don't put cards on the cars of people who already are members here.

I guess I should also ask if there are any members here going to Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ, as that is the other college I am currently enrolled at and will be returning to in the fall (long story), or for that matter in the Hoboken/Jersey City area as I do tend to wander off campus occasionally.

Last edited by Reaper450128; 04-30-2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:32 PM

Greetings from High Bridge. There is also a new owner down the street from me and we have been introduced. I left a card on his windshield and he called me a couple of days later. He was getting a new radiator so I recommended that he install a tranny cooler at the same time. He did and was very happy with the info.

I also commute to Somerville every morning and have seen the silver one for sale. I have seen the green one on Rte 22, and there was a pearly in a body shop on rte 31.

BurgundyBeast hangs out at the Clinton Walmart, and Kelli and John are in Washington. So we do have a relatively large group in central NJ.

We really should organize a meet this summer. I have a very large driveway and I love to barbeque Texas style.

I have a black one and my commute starts in High Bridge at 7:30 and ends in Somerville at 8:00, so perhaps we will see each other one day.

Good luck with your new car.

Matt
98 Outback 180k
98 Dodge Durango 120k Ski Bus
A multitude of skis to feed my need to go faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Network Design Administrator

Shameless Plug

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=10361

Just in case you are interested... New Jersey Meet in South Central Jersey in a week or two, nothing special, just lunch and talk
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:45 PM

Interesting coincidence... I work at the Clinton Walmart on the overnight shift. As far as passing on the road, it would only happen on Monday morings on my way to class (8:00am class) or on days that I work late, but I'm not sure if you cover the part of 22 I go on coming back from Clinton (nor do I get to work that late very often, my shift ends at 7:00am right now and overtime is greatly frowned upon by management , so I'm usually home in Whitehouse Station by 7:20 or so).

As for the meet, well, my SVX may be ready by then, but I can't promise anything. If it is, and my finals schedule permits, I may try and drop by, otherwise I hope all that do attend enjoy it!