SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 03:32 AM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
On paper, and logically, I would have to agree with you but if you were driving the Z could you really not make the passing move if only to show who's really in charge??? I just find it almost impossible not to prove his superiority and pull ahead, if only for a bit, if his car was truly capable. You know what I mean?
I have to agre with you there, magazine racing is one thing but the road is another. But, maybe the guy didn't want to proove superiority but just wanted a look at the other sexy car on the road.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
be lucky he didnt roll down the window and laugh at u why hes spanking the svx. =>

none of this makes logical sense but maybe u got lucky and got that extra 50hp and lost the FWD of the AWD and lost abought 700 hundred lbs

=>
Old 04-30-2003, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
all i can say is if you want speed get a C5 vette...
<drool> Thx, I'd love to, you have just described my aspirational car. So, I'm curious, since it's not listed in your post, I assume it was not your car: how did you get the use of a C5 for 1000 miles (and can you arrange the same deal for me)?
Old 04-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Me too!

I'm trying to figure out if we need a C5 for any part of our movie so I have a good excuse to rent one, maybe get part of the price donated for the cause, but haven't worked it into the story yet.

Almost every morning it just happens to work out on my commute that this C5 ends up behind me just as I leave town. It's a small old house with no garage and no other visible cars on the property so I assume he spent all his budget on the vette. I gotta admire him for that, even if it does mean he has to drive that beautiful car in all forms of northwest weather.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

greenmarine

greenmarine, i don't know about the highway accel. i think it may not be that fast either. i was on the highway travelling at about 65-70mph when a acura integra pulled up next to me and kept pace. i glanced at him and we both gunned it. i put the pedal to the floor and the integra pulled away 1.5 carspaces ahead. i don't know if he chickened out, but i was going about 110mph before i caught up again. being like a stubborn mule, i kept looking at him on and off while the cars went back down to 65-70mph and gave him the thumb to gun it. same results. did this about 4 times.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:31 AM
alacrity024

could be a speed limiter issue.. our cars pretty much aren't limited, where a lot of newer cars have built in limiters near 110mph.. some nice shiny lexus cut me off on the highway last september, and i gunned it and followed him.. the road immediately emptied out and he and i raced ahead, with him pulling slowly ahead of me.. suddenly we hit 110mph and i screamed past him like he was standing still.. don't know if he just chickened out or if his limiter kicked in..

-adam
Old 04-30-2003, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Me too!

I'm trying to figure out if we need a C5 for any part of our movie...
...if you do, you will surely need a driver, yes? (pick me!)
Old 04-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I dunno about that. Most 'performance' cars are limited at 140 or so. I know new focii are limited to 103 or something lame like that. hehehEHe. I hit the 118 limit in the n-car a few times... ring-ading-ading-ading-ading.... hehe... fuel cut sounds funny. :P

- Rob

PS: I topped out at 129mph in the SVX. Didn't seem to want to go much faster. I just want to hit 130 dangit!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:23 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I don't know for sure if the 350z would be able to take a SVX on the Highway or not... I know that that little Miata that I took to Reading is faster than an SVX from 0-60 though.... On the hi-way I know it wouldn't be able to keep up.... Just ask SVXFREAK.... We played a little game of "who can break the law the longest and fastest" when we came back from dinner that saturday..... I would be at about 80mph and in 6th gear pulling about 4200rpm..... He would just blow by like I was standing still!!! So I would down shift and bring the revs up to about 6000rpm trying to catch up, bot a chance... The fastest we got to was about 130mph, I was in 6th gear and pulling about 6200rpm!!!! (Miata SE's aren't geared for speed..... I know his was a manual but still I think that an Auto would have the same affect.... Anyway I don't know how I got off talking about that, The point is..... I don't know if it would beat us... I would say that it better beable to beay us since it is the latest and greatest from Nissan (in America atleast), and our car is atleast 7 years old.... But I wish that we could beat it.... Either way, we have it on looks and originality!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Puma92SVX

I've always wanted to know if SVX's would hold to a 350Z. After hearing this story I'm gonna try and get one off the line and see how I hold up. If i do i will let you all know how it goes.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 PM

Registered SVX
puma save your self the embarasement a svx has no chance to a 290 hp 2 seater sports car like a 350 z.

even worst is racing one from the line our 6 tons of metal and weak automatic transmsions wil not stand a chance,

just stating the obvous here, 14.1 stock 350 to a verry slow 15.6 svx
Old 04-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
even worst is racing one from the line our 6 tons of metal and weak automatic transmsions wil not stand a chance,
\

SVXs weigh about 1.5 tons. The new 350zs aren't exactly lightweights either.

- Rob
Old 04-30-2003, 02:41 PM

Registered SVX
went to nissandriven.com 350z is 3,200 lbs u are right pretty heavy for a 2 seater sports car . gesshh
Old 04-30-2003, 02:58 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally posted by Puma92SVX
I've always wanted to know if SVX's would hold to a 350Z. After hearing this story I'm gonna try and get one off the line and see how I hold up. If i do i will let you all know how it goes.
Don't even bother. You'll get smoked. Your best bet would be to sneak up on one at ultra high speeds.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
\

SVXs weigh about 1.5 tons. The new 350zs aren't exactly lightweights either.

- Rob
Closer to 2.0 than 1.5 - about 3800 lbs.
2001 Outback Sport