Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Gauging Interest: JDM BBS wheels for sale

SOLD

Just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest before proceeding any further.

I am considering selling the entire set of refinished original forged BBS wheels that were available on only in the Japanese market, exclusively on the S3-S4 SVX.

The wheels have been completely refinished by Transwheel in 2013 in the original BBS silver with clear powder coat for protection. The wheels and center caps are only 16 lbs. each, compared to the OEM's which are over 20 lbs. each. Mounted on Vredestein Hypertrak Ultra High Performance tires, Hunter RoadForce balanced, with less than 350 miles.

• I have the complete set of 4 refinished wheels and 2 OEM BBS spare undamaged wheels directly from Japan as backup, in case of damage.

• Also includes 2 complete sets (8 caps) of NEW BBS center caps, which lock onto the wheel with the special cap wrench from BBS. Ordered extras in case of loss or damage, while they were still available.

• Also included are 6 custom CAD-machined, show-polished billet aluminum center caps in half-height from Bavaria. The original Japanese are long obsolete and the replacement caps from BBS are now silver plastic, without the metal overlay

As with my other wheels, They were refinished to my exceedingly high standards and they are nothing short of stunning. Installed on my polo driven maybe 4 times since they were installed and have never seen rain or snow. I know that they are not everyone's choice for a wheel, but are the ONLY other set of original wheels ever offered by Subaru specifically created for the SVX and only for 1 year.

There is not another set in this country. Lots of time having them refinished and tracking down new center caps. Also come with the genuine BBS valve stems and special BBS valve caps, which match the wheels and cover the valve stems, all lug nuts and special open-end locking lugs that fit under the center caps. True plug-n-play!

Looking for $5000.00 for everything. I have a lot more invested in them than that. Free local delivery (within reason) can be arranged.

As most of you know, svxcess can be totally illogical sometimes and just does things because they haven't been done before. If there is no serious interest I will just pull this thread. I don't want the hassle of putting them on Craigslist or Ebay and have them end up on an Accord or something.

Those of you who have been to Reading feel free to comment, as you have seen my car with both sets of wheels.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1602.jpg (53.2 KB, 749 views)
File Type: jpg BBS1_sm.jpg (67.1 KB, 840 views)
File Type: jpg BBS2_sm.jpg (66.3 KB, 845 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-23-2024 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Re: Gauging Interest: JDM BBS wheels for sale

In December 1994, Subaru released 500 units of a limited edition S3. It had the BBS aluminum wheels, no spoiler and was only available in Liquid Silver, Bright Blue Mica (Laguna Blue Pearl) and Bright Green Mica (Polo Green Pearl) The S3 also had the waterfall grille.

In July 1995, the S4 was released. Still had the BBS wheels, added the new chrome mesh grille, no spoiler and only available in Liquid Silver, Bordeaux Red Mica (Bordeaux Pearl) and Bright Green Mica (Polo Green Pearl)

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 04-29-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

I don't mean to dis your SVX with stock wheels, but these wheels are about 1,000 times less common than all 3 of your SVXi put together. It's easy enough to come up with some stock STI BBS wheels in casual condition for cheap, but these aren't those.

If John's involved, quality is not in question, besides.

Last edited by svxcess; 12-05-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the original JDM BBS center caps are obsolete. They had a metal overlay of the plastic cap.

Here are the caps now produced by BBS as replacements.They are silver plastic to match the waffle rings. Next to them are the polished Billet aluminum ones I had made in Bavaria, in a more streamlined height. The company was referred to me by BBS and made to their exacting standards.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0916.jpg (40.8 KB, 692 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0601.jpg (32.7 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0603.jpg (45.3 KB, 633 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0602.jpg (52.4 KB, 624 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0604.jpg (60.4 KB, 640 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 01-28-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: