Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: Almost sold my car at Panera bread today...

All told, for a million reasons, the SVX is a kind of stupid car. From its origins as an attempt to venture into a market that no one accepted Subaru in, to its exclusive engine, to its too-low-to-compete power, out the gate it was just poor. Today, you can look at the resale value and the partouts which are a result when a car is worth more that way. Critical pieces are nearing extinction and parts compatibility is hit and miss. Low purchase prices put them into a market where they can't be cared for properly.

If there's anyone who doesn't know, I'm surely an enthusiast. I'm just also a realist. I dig that silver beastie in my driveway. I probably won't forever, though.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
New 7 yes... The older ones though...mighty sexy!! and if you bash the 8 for style... you have issues... Not as many as the 8 mechanically though

Tom
Older ones are as bland as anything with a VW on the hood, no style just german boringcision. I don't have to bash the 8, that and a couple 6 series from the early batches would be the only BMW I would consider as they were bismal failures for BMW. Seems their cliental didn't like cars that had mild styling cues added to them.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Er, I've always been a fan of their ciabatta...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM

Registered SVX

As I was walking out of my house yesterday to wax my SVX when a guy was driving slowly down my street in a red s2000, he then pulled into my driveway. He said that he seen my car from the street and that he used to own one and was original owner until it was wrecked in a car accident a few months ago. We talked about our svx for awhile and then he offered me a set of stock wheels he has no use for now. Turns out he lives only few blocks away. I am even more convinced now that SVX owners are a special breed, and I am glad to be among you. The SVX is like a magnet to other SVX owners, apparently even previous owners.

Later that night, I went to the gas station the ricers hang out at to put in some injector cleaner.
As I pulled into the gas station 2 people had just got out of their cars on the right side of the pumps, as I pulled into the left side. Both people stood there and watch me pull up. As I sat in the car fumbling for the injector cleaner I noticed that both people had not started to get gas, that they were just standing at the back of my SVX looking. I got my bottle of cleaner and fiddled with crap in my door and glove box for some napkins, these 2 guys stood there. After about a min one of the guys gave up waiting and walked over to the store. I get out of the car and the guy that waited begin to compliment the car, about how he don't see many of these, and how the ones he seen are in much worse shape. Asking me where I found it, talking about mods to it. So apparently even the Honda ricers have SVX love.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
So apparently even the Honda ricers have SVX love.
Of course they do, when you buy a Honda, you end up with, a Honda.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

I was walking into work today and was stopped by a freelance guy who'd been working in the building for the last month or so. He started asking me all about my car; how long I'd had it, mileage, thoughts on daily driving... Pretty soon he starts telling me about his project buggy he's building with his son. A full tube frame, with a Ford F-250 drivetrain and a "sleeved" EG33 Turbo. He said it will be for Formula Offroad "back home" (he's from somewhere in northern Europe). I'd love to see this come to fruition.

SVX fanclub grows +1
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.