Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Perrin Stealth FMIC Group buy feeler

hey guys, so I know quite a few of us are getting ready to turbo our SVX's and while talking with Cozykat I found out that the Perrin Stealth would be a perfect fit for our cars. It's slightly larger than the FMIC that PhastSVX used but just perfect to fit our cars!

I called perrin and asked if it's possible to get the Intercooler and the mounting brackets etc from the WRX kit without getting the whole kit with all the piping etc for the WRX that we obviously can't use. He said yes and that it would be between 7-800 dollars for those parts instead of 1489.99 that the full WRX kit is normally. I thought well hmm I wonder if they'll do a group buy. So I asked. He said we need 10 people for a group buy for this and he'd give me a deal.

So I know Cozykat is planning on getting one, I just hope she hasn't bought it yet. Thats 1. I'm 2. and I know another SVXer locally that I'm going to be helping turbo his SVX this summer would probably be down for one so that's at least 3. Can we get 7 more???
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: Perrin Stealth FMIC Group buy feeler

Thats the most expensive intercooler I've heard of in my life.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:15 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX

I am sure it is a top notch intercooler with nice cores and welds, so that seems to be a nice price but a bit on the steep end. Mine is a cheap POS, but was only $150.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Man check out this ONE.

Should be more than enough...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Last time I checked perrin was quality stuff... and I actually want real numbers out of my svx. Toms shadow machiene runs a 12.9 I want to blow that out of the water. So to do so I need quality parts, not just something that will suffice. The way I look at it is, if you're gonna do it, do it right, don't half ass it. Just my honest opinion. But to each their own. If anyone is interested though myself and the member I'm helping build and turbo this suummer don't need them untill july so if anyone is interested feel free to post.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX

perrin still makes quality stuff ~

but it is a little pricey
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Just a bump I'll be setting up accounts with perrin soon for my business, I might have an opportunity to get them a little cheaper let me know if anyone has any interest
Old 08-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Depending on cost, I might be interested. I like new but I'm not above buying a used FMIC. With such an expensive build, a price break here and there is appreciated. I got lucky and bought a Perrin stealth FMIC w/ piping for $800 (it was for the STI) from a friend. I put it in the jdm replica bumper and it seems like a good fit so I want another stealth but probably just the core and will get custom piping.

So I guess I should be asking: what kind of group buy pricing are we talking about and what would the options be?

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 08-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I talked with perrin before I had my business set up and they said a group buy of 10 units and I talked with him about getting the core the two ends and the top bumper support and he was gonna discount it significantly but wanted commitment first, now that I've got my business I'll get back in contact with perrin and see, I know for sure we'd have 3 with you so we'd need 7 more to get a really good deal. He had mentioned high 700's without the group buy and just getting a set up for the SVX

EDIT: Price included the core both ends and the bumper support that they use for the WRX I was hoping we may be able to adapt it to the svx if it's not bolt on.

Last edited by Johnybeas; 08-23-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: