Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Mr Soob

Definitely speak to eBay. Download the pics from the site (i.e. save them to your computer and also save the whole page as a file.

That way if the car is in any condition other than the stated (if he is made to give it to you) you have recourse of action.

The dude isn't allowed to legally do that; the closed auction is a binding contract.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
Bruce...that sucks arse...you must be gutted.

I wonder who's offered him more. Maybe a wrecker?

You have to wonder what the point of Ebay is if they can't stop this **** from happening.

Bummer.

Matt
Matt,
Don't know who or weather he is going to get it fixed himself, but when I originally contacted him he had not the money to get it fixed.

Today when I said I had made arrangements to pick it up he said it was worth more and was expecting $4,000. Told him he should have had a reserve and a non running car, out of rego is not worth it....at that point he just hung up - at that point the little turd made his second mistake.

Game on

bruce
Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 PM

found some that will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Bruce what are you going to do for rims?
Tony

found some off a Mitsubishi that I came across (wreckers) that fit but was hoping to use the ebay ones off the SVX

Have a set off BBS wheels coming, organised thru the insurance Co and will just on sell the ricer wheels or keep 'em for spares whatever

bruce
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 PM

Registered SVX
Exactly...and it's got NO CHANCE of being worth $4k as is. Somebody's feeding him a line. It'll cost $4k and then some to fix it I'd be guessing too (knowing what wreckers charge for some parts). If I paid $3k for mine, which wasn't even crashed*, then he's got buckleys.

Just makes me angry...I've been dudded on Ebay before and I still have a grudge.

M

*Had suspension damage that would have given concern to a lot of people.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:02 PM

So what happened with this ?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 AM

update

Hi guys, just thought would let you know how it all panned out. After holding my ground I ended up with the car and brought it back from Melbourne last f/night. In fact Jason was to drive by and help get it up the driveway.

By all accounts it can be fixed - she's taken a very hard hit on the front, only damage (I can see so far) is the left rocker cover is broken / smashed. Interior is in a sad state - makes my 95 look like show room material .

Will post picks later

bruce
Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 PM

Registered SVX
Bruce,

In a way, I'm glad it worked out for you, it's just a shame that you potentially had to do more than Ebay really requires you to do.

Can I ask how heavy handed you became? Or did the guy just realise the error in his ways?

Keen for the photos!

Matt
Old 06-13-2008, 06:49 AM

Re: Parts Car

pm'ed you bruce
Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Registered SVX

This is a little bit off topic, but saw this in another forum, and it reminded me of this post...

He he.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw

Last edited by dynomatt; 06-17-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM

Some pics finally

have some pics finally to those interested. My impression is the car was involved in a accident well over 12 - 18ths ago and has been idle ever since. Some of the belts and hoses I've pulled off have perished due to weather!
Engine has crack on rocker cover (pass side) and the plastic cover for timing belt is smashed as well.
Radiator looks to have been used as a bumper bar! You can imagine how much impact the bumper bar had to take.
Interior is quite poor, radio is missing, but otherwise everything seams to work

Story behind the Ebay hassles was the boyfriend had put the car on Ebay, and when the girlfriend found out she was not going to sell as it was her's - I knew none of this and all my dealings were with the boyfriend who would only say the car was not for sale and in the end hung up (this really erked me!) and then refused my calls. Ebay were powerless, just the std "the person has been cautioned" and due to privacy issues we are not in a position to disclose - bah!
I just sent a final message through the dispute communication bit, saying the car was put up for sale and is a legal and binding contract, all correspondence is being referred to my Solicitor - depending further action. All correspondence is to be in written format.
Next email asked for my details and when I would like to pick it up. (basically I was bluffing)

cheers
bruce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd71_12.JPG (36.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P6090001.JPG (85.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P6090002.JPG (95.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg P6090003.JPG (97.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg P6190012.JPG (118.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM

Registered SVX

Having seen the internals of the bumper bar now...that was probably a bigger hit than you think...with bent rails etc.

However, having also seen busted engine mounts...it wouldn't surprise me also if the radiator damage came as much from the engine moving forward as it did the bumper moving back.

Matt
Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

Hmm..one or more frame rails, two wheel aprons, radiator support, ripped motor mounts...Posisible subframe damage? hood, fenders, bumber + support, headlights, grill, valve cover +gaskets, radiator, fans, ac condensor, plus probably a hundred things I cant see....Sorry to say it, but your better off using it for spares than attempting to fix it. even if you did all the work yourself the parts alone would make a monumental bill
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: