SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I drove my sisters from Florida to Pennsylvania in one stretch with no complaints. It had the cloth seats, maybe that's the difference.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
mine is that leather and cloth mix. I kinda like it but I wish they were heated. (especially this morning)

Amanda: you have a PM if you didn't notice.

Hocrest: Hi!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
mine is that leather and cloth mix. I kinda like it but I wish they were heated. (especially this morning)
What does your a$$ get cold? Why didn't you upload the pics of it!

Honestly it doesn't offer much more than the now dead legacy wagon did in terms of hauling and what not. Just leave stuff out in the open to be stolen. You can get a used one quite cheap though and would make a fine 2nd or 3rd vehicle.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
All very good points

As I said, i just bought a house and am finding that I need to get things for it. I moved from a 2 bed apt, to a 4 bed house. All my stuff uses only half the space I have here so i'm having to get things like a dining room table, more beds, lawn mower, etc. So, i thought something like a baja might be handy for that, but from what i'm gathering here the back end of the baja might not be large enough to cut it. Although, one of my hobbies is cycling and from the pic above (thank you by the way) it looks like a couple of bikes would fit nicely in the back of the baja.

I am a much bigger fan of the legacy (especially the GT model) Do any of the legacy's come in both turbo and as a wagon? I'm assuming that would be a turbo Outback. Do those exist? Also, would that have enough room in the back for things (most importantly my bike)?

Anyone have any thoughts on the size of the baja or legacy for what my needs are?
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
You can get Turbo Legacy Wagons from 92-94 and from 2005-2006. 2007 and later you'll need to find an OB Wagon if you want a turbo...

Pull the wheel and a bike will easily fit into the back. You can get bicycle attachments for the roof rack and you can easily carry a mattress up there too.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Good

It appears that the Baja would be a good choice for you as the second or third occassional hauler vehicle. It would appear to be much more practical for an urban owner to haul light loads than a pickup or wagon. Definitely more fuel efficient than a full sized pickup--particularly a 4wd pickup. I love my Ford F150 and wouldn't trade it for anything, but then I live 20 miles from town and over 7500 feet.

I would think the non-turbo version would have ample power for normal driving and light hauling.

My opinion.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-02-2008, 11:32 AM

same basic thing happened to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian View Post
I almost owned a Baja owner cute redhead, I still don't know if the wreck she spoke of scrambeled her brain, or if she was like that before
Mine bumped her head really hard as she was trying to get out of the baha and was never the same
Keith
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Mine bumped her head really hard as she was trying to get out of the baha and was never the same
Keith

halistan- Have you considered a small trailer hitch on one of your current cars and one of those cheapie 4'x8' trailers? Unless you are trying to find an excuse for another car (been there!) this might be a less expensive route, and get to the same goal of movng stuff arround! Then again, perhaps you really want another car
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian View Post

halistan- Have you considered a small trailer hitch on one of your current cars and one of those cheapie 4'x8' trailers? Unless you are trying to find an excuse for another car (been there!) this might be a less expensive route, and get to the same goal of movng stuff arround! Then again, perhaps you really want another car

Ding Ding Ding! Give the man a cigar! :P That is part of it actually. I have an acura CL. I thought about a hitch for it, but it has the same kind of tranny woes that the SVX does and i really don't want to deal with blowing up the tranny by towing crap around. Its got 114K miles now and even though I like driving it, its not practical and i'm getting tired of buying premium for both my cars. So, i thought of getting another that is more practical that uses regular gas. Kinda killing two birds with one stone.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 AM

Registered SVX
as the name implies subaru family we own a baja (hers) 2 svx's (mine& ?) and an rx (formerly rebeccas). I have always loved subarus and always tried to convince the wife that they were needed, so after 17 years of marriage when she spotted a subaru that she liked I almost drove into the ditch from shock. so we went and looked at 2, the turbo and the not turbo , we ended up with the not turbo ( she said turbo had "more sh*t to break) however it now has ALL options except block heater and battery warmer , locking bed cover , diff protecter , off road lights , amped sub (factory) 6 disc changer (we would have been better off buying the turbo) it had all above options. she uses it like the cruck it is (car/truck) loves it to death and will never again be with out a subaru or so she says