Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Close Call

So, fun day, I was driving to Food Lion and almost got T-Boned....
I was making a left hand turn, and when I was stopping I noticed something in the road looked like water, didn't give it a second thought. So the light changes and I go to make my left hand turn but as I was turning instead of doing a 90 degree turn, it was a 180, I was turned around and facing the way I had just turned from, luckily the truck behind me slammed on its brakes and stop. I promptly hit reverse and turned the right way after he had stopped, and Pulling into the grocery store shaken, and get my soda and stuff. I come out and notice there is something all over my passenger side. I wiped it off and smelled a bit of it and it was Kerosene. I know what it smells like. I preceded to go back by where I had almost wrecked and noticed again the darker spot in the road, you could see where all the cars had gone through it. So I called the Cops because I was concerned at that point knowing it was not my error that caused that. They came and checked the spot in the road and told me it was floor wax. The cop even smelled it, I mean you can't mistake the smell of Kerosene. So I promptly left, and if that in anyway messes up my paint I will be going down to the police station to file something, I don't what to do if it messes with my paint, I mean that took my name and number when I called. I am angry because the cop lied to me and also shaken because I almost got T-Boned.

Can a mod move this noticed I posted in General, should be in Not exactly SVX ty

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 11-10-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Pinto Boosting Freak

Send a message via AIM to Evil One Send a message via MSN to Evil One Send a message via Yahoo to Evil One
Scary stuff man.
I once hit diesel fuel on my motorcycle... luckily it was on a flat straight section.

Jim
Old 11-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Must have been "dump crap on the road day" today

Got backed up in traffic on I-26 for a diesel spill.

Glad to hear you made it out without a scratch. Now go wash the car!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Must have been "dump crap on the road day" today

Got backed up in traffic on I-26 for a diesel spill.

Glad to hear you made it out without a scratch. Now go wash the car!
Well I did as soon as I got home. I was very annoyed that the cop tried to tell me it was floor wax, like I am retarded or something. I know what kerosene smells like and I know what floor wax smells like. You can't mess the smells up. But I was shaken I mean my rear end of the car isn't suppose to keep turning It was kinda funny at first because what was going through my head was "hmmm..... My car shouldn't be turning like this" Then my brain kicked in and hit the brakes.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: