How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 12:02 AM
0260N4

Hell I wish I could find 92 octane. I have to run my baby on 90 because its the best I can find around here. Seems to do alright but if I can find 92 I will use it.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:13 AM
I_Alcyone_I

we have a mobil station in south hill, but their prices seemed arco'ish so i didn't bother trying them. I figured if their prices were the same they probobly got it from the same place. 91 octane is the highest i've seen in WA.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:22 AM
gcookaustin

I have been looking for a gas station for 87-91-93 Octane, but all the ones in Knoxville, TN have 87-89-93. I have started filling up with 5 gallons of 87 and the rest 93, so that on average I have slighly greater than 91 octane in the tank. One gal of 87 goes with about two gal.s of 93. If the pricing tiers are equal, it is cheaper to mix one 87 with two 93s than one 89 with one 93 (even though the math is easier )
Old 05-09-2002, 12:47 AM
One teal and One yellow

SVX requires premium gas only. I love my car. I always put premium 93+ or the least is 91+ for my SVX. I love buying gas from Shell or Sheetz in town. The current price for our premium gas - 93+ is like $1.49/gl and the 87 is $1.39/gl

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 05-09-2002, 03:33 AM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
gas

I try to get gas from Chevron only, but really gas supposedly all come from the same refinery....

Its regularly 27 bucks a fill-up for me, and tehy way LA stop and go traffic works, thank god I cant drive too much at college.
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 05-09-2002, 08:23 AM
Green1995SVX

Re: Brands?

Quote:
Originally posted by punisher
I'll tell you what annoys me. People who are so 'tight' with money that they will actually make a big deal out of saving $1.50 on a fill up. I must be living this lavish lifestyle, because I always purchase the highest octane available, except when it's lawnmower gasoline. The higher octane gasoline contains too many additives which usually burn too hot for a standard 4 cycle lawnmower engine, which greatly inhibits the lawnmower's lifespan and performance.
Tom... I thought you were joking when you told me how much you love your lawn mower... It seems you weren't. hehe

-Mike
Old 05-09-2002, 09:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Exxon has 94 octane
Old 05-09-2002, 04:00 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Since day one I have gone to the Exxon down the street and gotten 94 only. If I only have 3 bucks, it will get me where I need to go, and then I just don't drive my car. I know the manual says 91, but I am never going to let up on that car. I will not smoke in it and I will not put 91 in. At the SVX meet in Webster, MA on saturday, the master tech came out and answered a few questions such as this one. He told us the story of a 91 only car which was always filled with 87 or 89. One day, the car just started loosing power and couldn't even make it up a shallow hill. The tech went to see it, and noticed that the car would start and then die when it warmed up. When it was all said and done, it turned out that the cheap gas had made so much carbon, that the valves couldn't close (thus loosing compression). They didn't take it apart, they just ran a carbon cleaner through it, and she was soon back to normal. I will never use cheap gas. Maybe I have just been brainwashed, but when he said it, everything seemed to make enough sense to convince me. What's your opinions on this?
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:09 PM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
Since day one I have gone to the Exxon down the street and gotten 94 only. If I only have 3 bucks, it will get me where I need to go, and then I just don't drive my car. I know the manual says 91, but I am never going to let up on that car. I will not smoke in it and I will not put 91 in. At the SVX meet in Webster, MA on saturday, the master tech came out and answered a few questions such as this one. He told us the story of a 91 only car which was always filled with 87 or 89. One day, the car just started loosing power and couldn't even make it up a shallow hill. The tech went to see it, and noticed that the car would start and then die when it warmed up. When it was all said and done, it turned out that the cheap gas had made so much carbon, that the valves couldn't close (thus loosing compression). They didn't take it apart, they just ran a carbon cleaner through it, and she was soon back to normal. I will never use cheap gas. Maybe I have just been brainwashed, but when he said it, everything seemed to make enough sense to convince me. What's your opinions on this?
Well, maybe the amount of money you would save putting 87 gas in would by you a few thousand bottles of carbon cleaner over the life of the car
Old 05-09-2002, 04:15 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
when I say carbon cleaner, I mean they took it to the dealership and injected a type of chemical straight into the throttle body which directly sent it into the cyls. This so called chemical disolved the carbon. I guarantee you it was not as cheap as a bottle of fuel injector cleaner.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-10-2002, 12:01 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
when I say carbon cleaner, I mean they took it to the dealership and injected a type of chemical straight into the throttle body which directly sent it into the cyls. This so called chemical disolved the carbon. I guarantee you it was not as cheap as a bottle of fuel injector cleaner.
(Methinks Garrett be pullin' yer chain.)

He is, after all, an SVX driver, and as such, I can't imagine him going against the 'party line', any more than I can imagine that I could squeeze one more comma in this lengthy, poorly-constructed sentence. (Man. Smug satisfaction, that. )
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 05-10-2002, 01:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
octane

i run 106 race gas once in a blue while ,, maybe every 3 months ill run 3 gallons or so , when im at the track good for cleaning out the engine, and some .20 quiker 1/4 times,, i had to run , 106 octane al the time in my eclispe turbo 23 psi of boost requires it ,,
Old 05-10-2002, 04:02 PM
red95svx

gas

Mobile 93 octane all the way. Price.....who cares? I had a Firebird that was VERY picky about the fuel it used, and I found that only Mobile gas made it run well. There must be a reason, so I stuck with it ever since.

David