How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thanks Michael for the input about the Wabbit , don't get fooled by the looks of it, it has some rust here and there .. it needs a new engine, and fixing the front right wheel, because my friend was driving it and he had a similar accident as I did. The front wheel was backed up a little and broken, this is why the rim is different. The SVX took most

As for the Flatt racing bumper, those things resembling a lip on both lower sides... are funny looking I am fixing mine currently making it two pieces, the lower lip alone and the bumper alone..

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:07 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
They are a little funny looking, on a stock SVX but the shape of those lips flow nicely into your side skirts. Just some food for thought.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Danny, go for it.......Brings back a story of when my father worked for Subaru back in the 80's....he bought (1) brat new...and then within 4 years after that, he had (2) more. My mother was sick of more cars in the driveway...and another brat for that matter, but thats what he did and its always good to have spare parts if you need them.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Unhappy BAD NEWS and GOOD NEWS

I contacted the guy who had that street legal SVX with the intention of buying it, it seems he sold it to a used cars dealership at $1500.

But on the other hand he was honest now to tell me that the car has been totaled twice in two different (serious) accidents and repaired back. The engine is burning oil, the car needs new headlights and corners, new AC radiator, new engine mounts, interior leather... the car was a mess... I could have never bought it in any way for that price... I hope that this was for my best.

But I am still convinced that I need to go and check it out by myself. Will post pics when I do.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
I contacted the guy who had that street legal SVX with the intention of buying it, it seems he sold it to a used cars dealership at $1500.

But on the other hand he was honest now to tell me that the car has been totaled twice in two different (serious) accidents and repaired back. The engine is burning oil, the car needs new headlights and corners, new AC radiator, new engine mounts, interior leather... the car was a mess... I could have never bought it in any way for that price... I hope that this was for my best.

But I am still convinced that I need to go and check it out by myself. Will post pics when I do.

dang, good thing you didn't buy it, sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
dang, good thing you didn't buy it, sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
Good thing I didn't buy it for that price, but I could have used some parts... and the PAPERS

Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
true. Good luck with the other ones.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension