Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
That is a wonderful display of the SVX. Is the SVX well known at this type of show?

Graham's super charger looks sweet.

What's the story behind all that work? Cutting and weld the intake manifold, reprograming the ECU, wow

How's the power level?
Not yet measured.

Graham is working on the system since way back. He had the original weld and install ready in '02 after the 10th Anniversary, way before LAN's build.

Looks real cool. He has it geared for over 400 hp. When it is running and fully tested, I am sure he will give you all the details. The install as you see in the pictures has the standard injectors. When he has the air and fuel reset, we should be able to see some power tests.

He drove me and my son John around the meeting site, just to check how it went. All I can say is, you come out smiling

More details anon, as Shakespeare would say, if he was a mechanic.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-29-2005, 02:05 AM

Ssssshhhh, don't tell everyone, they'll all want one !!!

I was holding off talking in too much detail about Graham's project, partly because I don't want to steal his thunder, partly because it's a "work in progress", partly because it's a business venture for him at the end of the day, but mostly because I don't know that much and he was being understandably cagey about specifics !!

Graham is developing this system for the SVX market, but also plans to offer a similar system to the N/A 4 cylinder market. No details yet, but judging by the quality of this project so far, it'll be worth waiting for.

Having said that the SVX-commuter has pretty much got it sussed; the 'charger is mounted on the underside of a modified inlet manifold, which has been cut and welded to suit. At one point during the weekend Graham took the screws out of the polished cover on top to let us have a look into the compressor housing......... revealing some very nice fabrication underneath. Graham had already prepared the engine for boost when we first saw the car 4 years ago, with reduced compression and ceramic coated pistons etc.

To my knowledge Graham was also the first to convert to 5-speed manual in the UK, all developed by himself. Bear in mind all this isn't what earns Graham his living, he doesn't work in the motor trade, so to keep faith in the project and execute it to such a high standard is a testiment to his dedication and skill.

Graham was waiting for the modified ECU chip the weekend of the show (stuck in couriers warehouse at one of the London airports), but hopefully he has the chip installed and is progressing with the project.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results !!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:48 AM

We spent some time looking at Engines at the show, I came across an Aircraft manufacturer using the SVX Engine see pics:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Arthur-UK
Old 08-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Photos enclosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur-UK
We spent some time looking at Engines at the show, I came across an Aircraft manufacturer using the SVX Engine see pics:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Arthur-UK
That looks interesting Arthur.

I have seen an Aussie site using EG-33 engines for aircraft before. In fact, I suspect they buy up a lot of the SVXs that come on the s/h JDM market, so our cars will become scarcer and scarcer.

Is that a supercharger intercooler they have on top?

I stupidly brought a camera with the film nearly used up, so I have very few pics. They are in my locker HERE

Joe

PS: Manual arrived in post today, thanks.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-02-2005, 06:56 AM

Joe, it is an intercooler, it has a turbocharger at the back of th engine if you look closely.