SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Ben,
You should have said something, I had all 3 donut gaskets with new bolts springs and nuts at Reading. I gave them to Jesse to give to Ciscokid as they are meant to go onto his car when he came reading but he never showed. I didn't even think to mention it.

Tom
Old 04-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Ben,
You should have said something, I had all 3 donut gaskets with new bolts springs and nuts at Reading. I gave them to Jesse to give to Ciscokid as they are meant to go onto his car when he came reading but he never showed. I didn't even think to mention it.

Tom
Yeah, and right now they are still in a bag behind the seat in P.A.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:02 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Hey guys, I had an AWESOME time!!!!
Even though I couldn't have Penny there, I still had a great time socializing with everyone.
Who knows? Maybe I really can have her there at some future Reading.

Get this.... I was dropped at the airport in GJ in a liquid silver..... picked up in Pittsburgh in a pearlie..... dropped at Pittsburgh in an ebony mica.... picked up in GJ in my precious copper.... who can beat that!?!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 04-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
ISpeaking of photos, can anyone direct me to the photo of the gray Passat wagon with the "SVX Windows" that was at Reading 4? I was searching for it but couldn't find it.

look in my locker...

and i want to thank everyone for the great time. to all the "managers" of the event, good show!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHISVX
look in my locker...

and i want to thank everyone for the great time. to all the "managers" of the event, good show!

Kelli

Kelli,
THanks for not trashing my car this year. However, the yellow fuzzy Vegas dice from "Calmone" was probably more hiddeous than anything you could've thought up.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I am finally making the time to comment on this year's meet. Ben hectic here at work since I got back.

First a big thanks to Ben, Mike, Bobby, & Mike for all their hard work and efforts! Things were wonderful! The meal we had on Saturday was absolutely fabulous and worth every penny. Jackie had almost as much fun as I had and for me that makes everything good. It was a pleasure to see old friends and make a few new ones as it always is at these meets. For all those who considered going but decided not to, shame on you! You don't know what you are missing. For those who wanted to go but couldn't, I sincerely hope things work out for next year. You were missed very much. For those of you who never considered going at all, please reconsider. You will have a great time if you do. It is a short weekend but worth the effort in attending.

I would like to take a moment to speak of two individuals who really showed us all what the meaning of selflessness and sportsmanship is all about. First is Ben Roth, who showed his character when Pat Marlett was SVXless. Ben lent him his SVX for use during the weekend. Then, when Jesse blew his engine and had no way to get back to RhodeIsland, Ben lent Jesse & Anita his SVX so they could drive home safely and without spending any more money than needed. That, my friends, is what a fine individual Ben is and I am proud to call him a friend. The second person is Jesse, who showed us all what an easy going, great sport he is in the face of adversity. If it was my car that blew up at the meet I would have blown my stack and been pissed off for the rest of the weekend, but Jesse took it all in stride and maintained a positive outlook through it all. What a great example for the rest of us to emulate! We should all strive to be more like Ben and Jesse. I know I do. My hat goes off to the both of you!

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Maniac modifier

i am gonna have to agree with Johnny. Ben and Jesse definately made this meet a good time.

Johnny, are u gonna come out to the meet in my sig? i would like to get a run or two against ur 5mt

Tom
Old 04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarJohnny
First is Ben Roth, who showed his character when Pat Marlett was SVXless. Ben lent him his SVX for use during the weekend. Then, when Jesse blew his engine and had no way to get back to RhodeIsland, Ben lent Jesse & Anita his SVX so they could drive home safely and without spending any more money than needed.

Johnny
...lets not make a habit of this though... keep those monsters under the bed and in the closet where they belong! Suprisingly my wife was somewhat understanding that my car was in RI, with someone who I don't know his address, phone number nor even his last name. That was my biggest concern about sending it on a road trip. Last road trip she went on was when we got married back in 01. It was definately about due.

I too was quite impressed with everyone's willingness to help eachother out and was definately the recipient of just as much help. Jesse, for sourcing our miss and getting dirty fixing it, Tomsvx for the coil (for the miss) and radiator we badly needed in the racer (I will definately hook ya up when I get back to work). Todd for even though in my hectic attempts to get Jesse's car to a safe storage place while not cutting into my drinking time sending me (at his expense no less some actual radiator brackets to replace my poor attempt at machining skills. (they did arrive today... thanks Chad!)

Last edited by benebob; 04-15-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
Kelli,
THanks for not trashing my car this year. However, the yellow fuzzy Vegas dice from "Calmone" was probably more hiddeous than anything you could've thought up.

and the only reason for that because i was mad you didn't bring my "special dice"

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHISVX
and the only reason for that because i was mad you didn't bring my "special dice"

Kelli

I finally found them last night. Shari had stuffed them away in a box along with my spare exhaust tips, lug nuts, MAF sensor, window switches, sun visor and a butt-ugly set of Ye**ow windshield wiper blades.

Ben, you've probably noticed that I've not commented on your offer to reveal the location of a certain color XT6. I'm ignoring it <fingers in ears> lalalalalalalalalalalalala

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
Ben, you've probably noticed that I've not commented on your offer to reveal the location of a certain color XT6. I'm ignoring it <fingers in ears> lalalalalalalalalalalalala

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Why's that. Not allowed another car? Just think close to 30mpg, regular gas! You'll cover the cost of it in a year.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Todd for even though in my hectic attempts to get Jesse's car to a safe storage place while not cutting into my drinking time sending me (at his expense no less some actual radiator brackets to replace my poor attempt at machining skills. (they did arrive today... thanks Chad!)
Woo Hoo! They arrived ahead of schedule. Good to hear Ben

Chad signing off
Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
John,
The Passat wagon is Todd's (wawazat?).
-Bill

was Todd's. Now I drive a 2500 Dodge Ram diesel aka the "Compensator"
Old 04-15-2005, 03:21 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Why's that. Not allowed another car? Just think close to 30mpg, regular gas! You'll cover the cost of it in a year.

Granted, I've always liked the XT-6. Granted, the short drive actually solidified the fact that I might like to own one. But any color but . . . .<THUD!>
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Maniac modifier

Ben,

You can get back to me whenever u can, there is no stressin it as i nor you will be going anywhere anytime soon

Tom