Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 PM

Kph speedo facia

Is it possible for somebody out there to scan a Kph speedo facia and email me with it? I can't get hold of one but if i can get a full size pic of one, i can get one made. I need it for when i fit my speed converter.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Do you need a precise scan or will a photo do?

Are you going to trace it or just use it as a reference?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
Do you need a precise scan or will a photo do?

Are you going to trace it or just use it as a reference?
I guess he is trying to do something new with it. like Vynil cutting or something. If he is I don't think it will work because the whole thing should be drawn by hand before using it the cutting machine. It will take some time to do but eventually it will make a gr8 mod to the gauges...(I have already thought about it)

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:14 AM

Kph facia

I need a scan as this would give me precise size, I know somebody who can get one made professionally.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Kph facia

Quote:
Originally posted by Numbnuts
I need a scan as this would give me precise size, I know somebody who can get one made professionally.
won't work !!! you need to draw it manually....

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:23 AM

Kph facia

Why? how would manually be any different to a scan?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
the borders on the scanner will never be accurate for the cutting machine to do its job precisely, you need to "bolden" the edges for it to cut it correctly.... i have a previous example with it... look at my car's graphics, I just got the pics and a friend of mine draw it and used the vynil machine to do the job...

Old 12-17-2004, 08:33 AM

I think you might have your wires crossed, i need a speedo dial facia because at the moment my speedo reads in Mph but i need Kph because i am fitting a speed converter to override the speed limiter
Old 12-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Numbnuts
I think you might have your wires crossed, i need a speedo dial facia because at the moment my speedo reads in Mph but i need Kph because i am fitting a speed converter to override the speed limiter
why don't you buy one? complete?

Old 12-17-2004, 08:47 AM

Svx's in the uk are like rocking horse **** and the chance of getting one here is pretty much zip so i thought if someone cld email me a scan of a dial that they had hangin around, it would be so much easier.
The converter literally changes your speed from kph to mph so it will override the limiter ie;180 kph wld infact be 180mph,therefore good bye 112 top speed, hello 140.............