How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-07-2002, 08:16 PM
ironsvxjr

Question problem with steering wheel???

Today when I was driving my svx home from school my steering wheel came loose and flew all the way up to my dash. Then when I tried to set it back to where I had it the thing wouldn't stick. I do not have any idea what to do in order to fix it. So if any of you have any idea what I could do to fix it please tell me as soon as possible. thanks
Old 01-07-2002, 08:52 PM
trentak

Have you tried making sure that the exit adjustment lever still works on the left side of the steering column. When I first got my svx, it took me a day to figure out the height adjustment is actually on the bottom of the column and the lever on the side is just used to push the steering wheel out of your way when getting in and out, and only locks in the full up position, and then returning to the position you set for the height. check that, and if it won't hold, maybe something has gotten stuck between the latching mechanism and the gear tooth.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:02 PM
ironsvxjr

Thumbs up Thanks trentak

Quote:
Originally posted by trentak
Have you tried making sure that the exit adjustment lever still works on the left side of the steering column. When I first got my svx, it took me a day to figure out the height adjustment is actually on the bottom of the column and the lever on the side is just used to push the steering wheel out of your way when getting in and out, and only locks in the full up position, and then returning to the position you set for the height. check that, and if it won't hold, maybe something has gotten stuck between the latching mechanism and the gear tooth.

Thanks trentak I guess that my knee must have hit the lever on the left of the steering wheel. Then I did not have a clue about how to fix it then I was talking to green1995svx and he pretty much told me the same thing. You guys sure do know a lot about these cars. I have a lot to learn. Thanks guys.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:51 AM
One teal and One yellow

welcome you!(belated)

Glad to know you solved the problem. Never seen any steering problem like yours yet.

Sorry to hear about the smoking and so on probs of the 'new svx'. Hope it'll be taken care soon.

PS:wanna race? don't tell your dad. shhh.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05