Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Certified Porschephile

Has anyone else noticed just about ALL new VW's seem to have at least one light out? I'm talking about any light. I realize I'm more observant about this kind of minor stuff because of my occupation and all, but I always seem to see VW's with a head, tail or brake light out. All the time!!! Enough to make me notice. And these are newer VW's. ( I know because I run the plates to get the model years ) Just seems like a major quality control problem. It bothers me alot though, being a German car company and all. My dream is for GM to sell their share of Subaru to Porsche so they can cross-polinate boxer engine technology!!!! Anyone else see in Motor Trend about new cars they should build the Porsche 914 STi? They proposed a small mid engine Porsche with the 300hp STi motor and AWD! Sounds great to me!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Has anyone else noticed just about ALL new VW's seem to have at least one light out? I'm talking about any light. I realize I'm more observant about this kind of minor stuff because of my occupation and all, but I always seem to see VW's with a head, tail or brake light out. All the time!!! Enough to make me notice. And these are newer VW's. ( I know because I run the plates to get the model years ) Just seems like a major quality control problem. It bothers me alot though, being a German car company and all. My dream is for GM to sell their share of Subaru to Porsche so they can cross-polinate boxer engine technology!!!! Anyone else see in Motor Trend about new cars they should build the Porsche 914 STi? They proposed a small mid engine Porsche with the 300hp STi motor and AWD! Sounds great to me!!!!
I think the older VW's were more reliable and were of better quality. A friend of mine has a 2000 Jetta. One day we went out to the bookstore to chat and have some coffee. Her keyless entry remote was out of power so she decided to stick her key in and unlock the driver's side door. To her surprise and amusement, after she unlocked it and pulled the key out, the keyhole mechanism was stuck to her key. I laughed my arse off. What was really funny was that the next day we went to VW and they said it would cost like $370ish or so to replace. We tested the key w/keyhole mechanism locking and unlocking and it worked fine, just it would always come out with the key. I told her to stop by Radio Shack and replaced her battery for the keyless entry. I believe to this day she still keeps that little tumbler in her purse.

But other than that and the cheap plastic breaking here and there, I think she never really had any problems with the engine.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
one of my good friends has the VR6. cool LITTLE car... suprising how small the thing is. the back seat is worse then the svxes.. and i didn't see that the trunk was more useable either. its a nice car overall, but if that car has been beat on, i'd stay away... my friends has had some problems with it, and has a check engine light right now, but nothing major so far. I think you might try offering something like 1000, because it would probably be worth that, however, the repair bills do add up, probably equal or greater than the svxes.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: