How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
SVCzSVX

Question Wondering what I'm in for

Just took ownership of a '92 Teal SVX. It's in the shop now getting the A/C looked at. Previous owner said the freon leaked. Thank goodness a "thud" sound on reverse seems to be a transmission mounting. The transmission itself had been replaced by the previous owner. From looking thru the web, I know I'll have to get details about the replaced tranny.

Seems to be some moisture in the rear lamp on the drivers side. Should I worry??

Anyways, looking forward to a fun time, it is a fun ride

SVC
Old 02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
svxeno

Moisture inside the tail lamps is pretty common. Do a search and there are some remedies for this.

As a matter of fact, do a search for any thing you question. The troubles with these cars are pretty consistent. In other words, there's a good chance one of us has experienced the same trouble(s).

As for what you are in for is a great ride, losts of stares, losts of quesitons from others (the SVX unwashed masses) and the ownership of a unique machine. That will be both good and bad.

Let me be the first to say: 'Welcome to the club'.

Randy ii
Old 02-04-2004, 11:58 PM

Whoa - a almost a neighbour. Welcome to the club.
The thud when going into reverse might as well be the rear diff mounts - nothing much to worry about, but a royal pain for diy project...
Old 02-05-2004, 05:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Welcome to the group, SVC! Let's hope you become addicted like the rest of us nuts. You'll find all you never wanted to know about your new purchase here.

Visit often and put some pics in your locker! It's always nice to see yet another picture of a stock SVX, especially when they are appreciated by their owner.

-Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:42 PM
SVCzSVX

Cool

Thanks for the welcome...

Looks like I'll be spending (investing) about $800 for the A/C and transmission mount repairs. We do need a functioning A/C as it does get warm here in my part of "Kaa-lee-fornia" (an Arnold-ism).

The mount is an annoyance now but I guess could fester into more $$$ later.

Can't find info about the moisture in the tail lamp. Can anyone tell me where to search?

I am considering a diy project to replace the stock cassette deck. Nice to have svcdc's "been there, done that" guide. I'll have the towels, cardboard flaps, and of course the right adaptor. Hopefully I'll have the budget and patience.

Since our mileage is about 89k, is 90k the next maintenance interval and what are the heavy hitter$$ ?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
first i would find out when the timing belt has been replace, if it wasn't done at 60K checkup. other than that i'm not too sure.. i think crank and cam seals maybe... i would suggest that you talk to one of several people on here that have aftermarket stereos (ie: lee, TE1221, AFBeefcake, Porter, myself and many others) obviously you will have many opinions but, usually you can get steered in the right direction. (i personally like my Alpine as far as HUs go.. hence why i bought it ) You'll find more info then you ever thought possible... and probably a lot of things you DIDN't want to know about members

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 02-09-2004, 06:53 PM
svxeno

Her ya go!

Tailight stuff.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...light+moisture

Randy ii