Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-24-2003, 12:53 PM

Question Price Question

I pulled my CE codes today and found that i have a right O2 sensor out and my water temp. sensor is getting bad readings. anyone have an idea of how much this will cost to take care of?

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 06-24-2003, 01:17 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
the coolant temp sensor went bad on mine, it was like 9 bux and took about 30 seconds to change it once i found the right socket to use... although i needed a deep well socket because of the plug on the end of the sensor

i ended up using a spark plug socket and removed the rubber ring in it and it worked fine

the O2 sensor is a bit more involved, and more expensive, i recomend going to carquest for the replacement part if you're doing it yoruself it'll only be like 60 bux... you'll have to get under the car and unscrew the old one unplug it screw in the new one and plug it in... it's not an involved process but wheel ramps or a lift would surely help

if you plan to have someone else, ie a dealership or something fix the o2 sensor expect to pay 150 bux or so for the sensor plus at least an hr in labor

i would sereously not recomend paying them to fix the coolant temp sensor it's just too easy to fix, easier than changing oil...

no need to pay them 80 bux to fix something that takes 30 sec to unscrew and put a new one in, it's REALLY REALLY easy

on a scale of 1-5 of difficulty 5 being most difficult i would rate it a 0 in difficulty
Old 06-24-2003, 01:19 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
oh on another note, the coolant temp sensor, will probably cause your car to not start when it completely goes...
Old 06-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Superbeast

It's also possible that the bad CTS is setting a code for a bad O2. If the CTS is making the car run too rich or too lean it could cause a false O2 code be cause the computer can't straiten it out it blames the O2. Try just doing the CTS first and clear the codes to see if the O2 code comes back.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:37 PM
MINEZ BETTER

true

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
It's also possible that the bad CTS is setting a code for a bad O2. If the CTS is making the car run too rich or too lean it could cause a false O2 code be cause the computer can't straiten it out it blames the O2. Try just doing the CTS first and clear the codes to see if the O2 code comes back.
you learned that on toyota's

i know it did on the o2 sensor code on a toyota
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 06-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Kerven Subaru

Here are the prices I have for the sensors you may need.

The O2 sensor (22690AA180) $82.77

Your car has two of these, left and right. The code you are pulling should indicate which is bad, but I would recommend that you replace them in pairs.

The CT Sensor (22630AA041) $14.68
Old 06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerven Subaru

Your car has two of these, left and right. The code you are pulling should indicate which is bad, but I would recommend that you replace them in pairs.

Based on those two listings, you appear to be 31% off of list prices. That makes you the lowest by quite a lot.

I wish I would have known that two weeks ago before I ordered the eighty-nine parts that I did. Next time I'll buy from you. That's the cost I pay for not reading every post

What's your shipping/handling rate?

Could I have it sent freight collect on my UPS or FedEx account and just pay the parts prices, or is there a mandatory handling charge?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-25-2003, 12:58 PM

thanks guys for the responses, i had an idea that maybe when they replaced my O2 sensor last time, maybe two months ago, maybe the code was never reset and the ECU is still thinking its bad, or it could just be the other side. how much to have someone else replace the coolant sensor? where is it located?

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 06-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Kerven Subaru

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

Based on those two listings, you appear to be 31% off of list prices. That makes you the lowest by quite a lot.

I wish I would have known that two weeks ago before I ordered the eighty-nine parts that I did. Next time I'll buy from you. That's the cost I pay for not reading every post

What's your shipping/handling rate?

Could I have it sent freight collect on my UPS or FedEx account and just pay the parts prices, or is there a mandatory handling charge?

Doug
Doug-

We charge 'roughly' actual shipping charges via UPS Ground. I say roughly because sometimes our estimates on shipping are a little off from what it actually is. There is no handling fee. I am not sure about sending parts freight collect. I will look into this issue.

Mike
Kerven Subaru Parts
Old 06-25-2003, 02:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerven Subaru

Does that come with a raw fury dog and fishnets?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954