Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 09:42 AM

95 SVX must go

I had originally posted this car for sale back in May, 2016 and had zero response. Pictures of the car are in that post. Been holding onto it for any opportunities to save it, but none have surfaced. No time, no money. THIS IS A LAST CHANCE OFFER TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO SAVE THIS CAR BEFORE IT GOES TO THE CRUSHER. If you can make me a better offer than the scrap yard, then it's yours. Will need a trailer, as the car has been in storage with gas drained out. Clean title. Cash only. If no response before 11/30/17, it goes to the scrap yard.

Selling as a whole car, not parting out. Particulars as follows: VIN: JF1CX3359SH100058. Manuf. 06/94, Model: CXWDY5E, Option Code: BC, Engine type: EG33DAX3DB, Trans. Type: TZ102ZM2AA, Trim Code: 510, Gray Fabric Interior, Color Code: 434, Emerald Pearl. Believe this is an “L” or “L+” model. Mileage: 189,602. Car is located in Monroeville, IN. Clear title. Car is AWD, with no modifications and no major service performed in the 3 years I have owned it. Engine and transmission are in sound mechanical condition. I have all notes and records of maintenance, parts invested, and repair work performed. All glass is in excellent condition with no damage. Tires are Goodyear Eagle GT 225-50R16 with even wear and 3/16” tread remaining. Rims are original aluminum alloy. Interior is in fair condition for the year and mileage. Body is in good condition and straight except for minor damage to RR quarter panel and surface rust on L door where trim attached.
I purchased this car for my daughter to use at college, but in all the time I have owned it, I cannot seem to solve certain electrical and sensor problems to get the engine to run properly. Codes show Knock sensors and MAF sensor faults, but all have been replaced and harness inspected with no success. I suspect that there may be a faulty ECU, but that is cost prohibitive for me to replace. It is also throwing faults for ABS and Airbag, but have not addressed those. Engine starts right up, but will not idle well and lacks power. Runs smoothly if you keep it at about 1500 RPM. Transmission is quiet and shifts solidly. Maintenance that I have done include a new radiator, alternator, replaced all vacuum lines, plugs, knock sensors, fuel filter, heater blower motor, battery. Rebuilt and cleaned fuse blocks, rebuilt L door window mechanism. Car has new JVC stereo installed, but still have working stock stereo and CD player. Removed media from all three CAT's.
Bottom line, this car would make an excellent project for someone more adept at figuring out sensor problems than I am. I do not have the time and money to invest in it any further.

You may reply or PM me.