Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

go to the windows turn features on and off thing again and make sure .net 3.5 is checked and not just a shaded box. beyond that I don't know. I think tapani is using ecutuner on a laptop with windows 7 maybe ask him in case he knows something I don't. My laptop has xp
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Going to look up whether xp mode will work ok with external devices, and give that a try in the morning. All 4 of the computers at my disposal have win7 64, otherwise xp would have been at the top of my list of things to try next. If you have an epiphany watching magnum, then lemme know. I bet I probably did something in the exact wrong order or something. Which file is the installer?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 PM

Registered SVX

Ok I ran the .net framework verification tool, and it says that I have it. Tried disabling antivirus - nada. Trying a vista laptop now.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Registered SVX

And it's running on the original laptop with the old (and slow!) original hard drive that still has the original vista 32-bit installation on it. Would the windows 7 that I have being 64-bit affect anything?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
I think tapani is using ecutuner on a laptop with windows 7 maybe ask him in case he knows something I don't. My laptop has xp
Works ok, with the exception of the logging function - will not save in an excel - same problem with the XP. I "think" my 7 is 32, though (not computer llitterate ).

Tapani
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
Works ok, with the exception of the logging function - will not save in an excel - same problem with the XP. I "think" my 7 is 32, though (not computer llitterate ).
Ah, thanks, maybe that's it. Gotta think about how to get around that problem... Anyway, on the 32-bit vista it works.

I must say, that I am really impressed with all it can do. It can help you adjust the TPS without any pins stuck through the wires to read the voltage. Props, LAN, really cool.

You guys have got to try this. I get what Tapani was all excited about before.

LAN, did you see this thread? With a proper definitions file, could this be made to work with the OBD2 SVXes? I have one that I can try and get that working with if you give me a push in the right direction.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
With a proper definitions file, could this be made to work with the......
If you compile the definition file for the AC I will buy you a beer .

The info is available at Phil's site for someone who knows what he's doing .

This would greatly help all with AC troubles.....

Next would be the cruise control.....

/T
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
If you compile the definition file for the AC I will buy you a beer .

The info is available at Phil's site for someone who knows what he's doing .

This would greatly help all with AC troubles.....

Next would be the cruise control.....

/T
I will give the climate control a shot but for OBD2 cars as that is the file I have to work with. I'm not sure how it will vary for OBD1 cars. I will probably make a definition file for JECScan first and then FreeSSM. I probably won't make one for Mike's program because I could never get it to install and run and only received the sound of crickets when I posted the issues I was having.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 PM

Registered SVX

Tony, can you send me the OBD2 definitions files? I want to see if I can get them to work with lan's program. My email address is my username @gmail.com.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Just some dude.

Icing, next time I get a chance to work on the ECUtuner ap I'll see if I can't make it work with the 64 bit OS.

Tapani, the error log you sent me indicates I messed up when I compiled ( or failed to properly compile) the license for that bit of code into the executable. I'll fix that next time I work on the ECUtuner ap and publish a new release.

Husky, I don't know what you are referring to. I'm sorry if I missed a question but I was very clear when I released the ECUtuner ap that I was releasing it as free ware and couldn't offer any support. I do try to help where I can but it shouldn't be expected. The ap works..you guys need to talk to eachother and help eachother out with problems figuring out how to set it up and use it and most especially with definitions.

Stuff that should be reported to me is stuff like hey it doesn't work on 64 bit os or won't save excel files. If someone is having problems running it when they first get it they should ask in this thread and others should come to their aid.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Someone over on RS25 is making their interface and helping me out by posting the associated wires. Hopefully I'll be able to order up a cable soon and data-log .

Damn hacked apart wire harnesses :unamused:.

Glad to see y'all got it working. Guess I'll be installing a win7 32bit on my laptop here soon!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Tony, can you send me the OBD2 definitions files? I want to see if I can get them to work with lan's program. My email address is my username @gmail.com.
I sent Phil my latest files for evoscan and jecscan to host on his website. This way, I can just send him new versions as I come upwith them and there will be one place for everyone to get them.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Registered SVX

I don't think they're up yet. Can you send me what you've got so far so I can work on it this weekend?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

OK, will do. Let me know what you find out about LAN's program.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Just some dude.

It's time for a holiday special. Our SALE items this year are the Select Monitor Interface and the Stage1av1. We've made them a package deal. You can get a Stage1av1 with a Select Monitor Interface for $245. That's a savings of $53 and a whole lot of goodness for an SVX that hasn't yet gotten the love and affection and ECUtune products it needs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: