Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 11-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

So, £46m for a pink diamond...

In these austere, recessionary times, when a good SVX can be had for the price of an unpaid meal bill at a London restaurant, it makes me wonder just how many sightings there are of space ships departing our Earth for other planets, full of cash?
It must then all still be here, surely?
Seems that the folk who now have it (bankers, politicians, drug barons etc) are obviously keen to swop it for more tangeable assets which are hard replicated/or 'quantitavely' eased'. Like Ming vases, diamonds, and gold.
Sorry, to be so downhearted but I can't help but be bitter to suffer another year's work with next to nowt showing for it though no fault of my own.

Polarisation of wealth - can no more succeed, long term, than communism.

All set to add the Samaritans number to my speed dial then I thought of my grandkids - there's more to life than money.....

May I be the first to wish everyone with an SVX a very happy Christmas!

Now down from soapbox.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:44 AM

Re: So, £46m for a pink diamond...

I agree although people have been spending obscene amounts of money on such things for years its just these days with 24 hours news it all gets hyped up and blown out of proportion because rather than something of importance the news just spends or should I say wastes our money on such rubbish, of course the next big thing is going to be this wedding I couldn't give a toss about them but its going to be in our faces and in our ears all the time now.
And politicians will use it as a chance to bury bad news, Happy Christmas one and all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: