Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: 2 cars for sale in parts...new thread from my weird problem

WHAT?????????????????? MORE SVXi to CRUSH? Man you are worse than smallcar!
What is happening there? Why are you doing this?

Ryan, unless these two SVXi are severely damaged, the folks over here are gonna start hating you. If they are in good condition and STILL NOT paid for by the whoever what, try to sell them as a whole on this forum.

Stop butchering these collectibles

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 07-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I think he can't sell them whole as the government owns them from the clunkers bill, so he is selling whatever off them before they get crushed.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM

what about the good plastic peices off the engine, mine are cracked and I need new ones
Old 07-24-2009, 08:18 AM

yeah, I pretty much can't sell them as a whole. I can't even give a front clip off of one. The gov has bought and paid for them, and i'm just trying to avoid as many perfectly good parts as I can from being turned into scrap metal, since my work is incredibly slow this year. If I get a chance, I'll take a pic of what happens if I pull parts or not off of them, its not pretty.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 AM

This is not aimed at all at you, Ryansmagic, and thank you for your efforts to save as much as you can...

But as a citizen, and as a car enthusiast, this is *blank*ing SICK.

The government has bought and paid for them??

I Pay taxes. I want my car, then. Whole, please. Government doesn't buy things. They EXPENSE things onto the taxpayer.

the government is so wasteful, and cumbersome as it is... what would they do if these cars just happened to turn up "misplaced"? Does the government measure the weight of the scrap or something? If they are just going to shred it anyway....

I am sorry, but these cars, especially the later models that you have been describing, are RECOVERABLE. They could be made to be drivers again. It sounds as though they might not even have body damage!

I hated Cash for Clunkers before, but this is really starting to make me VERY angry. Again, not at you Ryansmagic, at the MORONS that got elected to government.

These cars should be bought and sold on the open market. If they are still viable cars, they should be available to those of us who want to buy them as CARS, not turned to scrap for political correctness!!!!

By my count, this is the second and third 96/97 SVX that you've gotten in... and the fourth, counting the rough-condition '92. 96-97 SVXs are even rarer. They should not be crushed because the government is too stupid to know it's place.

Taxing people like me to pay for a program to take cars like this OFF the road, with no recourse, to subsidize someone else to buy a new car, possibly from a government-owned car company?

WHERE HAS MY COUNTRY GONE?? What happened to FREEDOM, and by close extension, the FREE MARKET?

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM

Ryansmagic,
I sent you a PM a week ago about an AC compressor for a 97, but you never replied to me. Do you have an estimate of what shipping would be?
I am interested.

I think the reason more and more of these are going to cash for clunkers is that they are hard to sell to the general public and owners, strapped for cash can make more just turning them in. I have had mine for sale for a while (not an awful amount of time) and the responses have been minimal. I'm thinking about letting my son have it cheap even though it really isn't practical for him just to give it a good home.

While those of us that own them and think of them as collectible, to the rest of the world I think they are just a strange (but cool) car that would be expensive to maintain.

Just my two cents.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:07 PM

Agreed.

But the government doesn't need to be involved in the process, inflating the market artificially, and then mandating that rare hardware be destroyed, when it could be of further use.

They talk about energy efficiency, but then they address the issue by incentivizing and mandating such WASTE.

It isn't as though someone is going to take the scrap, and re-manufacture SVX parts with it, when some of us need SVX parts in the future.... That would be wasteful enough... no they are going to waste the energy to crush these cars, waste the taxpayer money to buy them from their owners, and then MANDATE the crusher, instead of even offering a salvage-value waiver for them.

This isn't a 1992-1997 boring-mobile, where hundreds of thousands were built, and nobody upon nobody still wants them. This is like crushing a Porsche, if those happened to be worth less than 3500-4500$ on the used market, or were less well known than they happen to be.

How many Porsche 944s will get crushed like this? How about BMW 6-series coupes? How many RX7s, or Nissan Z's? There should be a way to exempt these from the crusher.

As much as I am a law and order guy, I find this law completely immoral, and unethical impingement on the free market, and an unconscionable use of taxpayer dollars by the government.

I would rather see these cars all of the sudden magically "misplaced", and Ryan's company magically find their equivalent scrap-metal money without having to use their car crushers on these rare vehicles. I don't want these businesses to lose. I want the government OUT of the businesses.

On a theoretical level, why should that even matter to the government... are they tracking these things into and out of the crushers?

Sorry, I should take this rant to the other threads that deal with this issue on a political level.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 07-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Looking for the power window switch cluster from the drivers side door (controls the four power windows)
Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM

my actual job is busy for the first time in a year, good news is, that gives me more time to pull parts once I stop, bad news is, I'm making a few of you guys wait. So Sorry about that, but the car's are in my warehouse still and not crushed, well, the 97' that is + a pile of parts from the 92'
Old 08-06-2009, 08:37 PM

ok, have a small pats list, have tomorrow off of work so I'll go pull some more
Let me check if I missed anything.....
97' speaker grills, front and rear
the engine cover w/ bolts
windshield nozzels w/ clips
and the AC compressor

Anything else? I have about 5 days left on this car.....

Also, Who wanted that 92' dark woodgrain int? I can't find your PM, so PM me again.....
Old 08-07-2009, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to wynndi Send a message via Yahoo to wynndi

Dibs on fans! Need them for my '96!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Dayton-Dave

Registered SVX
I will take the 97 grille if it is still for sale.

Dave in Dayton Oh 937-478--8883 I would like the 97 grille
Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 AM

Re: I will take the 97 grille if it is still for sale.

Way gone. Most requested item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton-Dave View Post
Dave in Dayton Oh 937-478--8883 I would like the 97 grille
Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM

I asked about the a/c compressor. Is it still available and how much did you want for it?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

need engine cover bolts, battery bracket and bolts, and drivers side visor, im in NY.

And if a reasonable price both headlights if in good condition or just the right give me a price individually thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: