Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM

h6 project

well i want to ask this question on this site becuse you guys would know more about this.

i am planning on takeing out my svx motor out my svx soon....... know some pepole might think he is going to stick it in a gc impreza but i really dont want to use a gc8 for this swap.

i just got a very clean 1991 legacy turbo and i want to put the svx motor in this car..... i cant find pics of the ecu but i seen some where that the ecu has the same plugs as a legacy turbo........ would someone know if the plugs are the same? also would some one have the ecu pinout of the svx so i can match things up?

also i know there is more room up front of a legacy turbo then a impreza to have a factory rad and fans work.

i have both cars so if i need to run the extra wires to make the coils work its not a problem.

thank you

nico.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
you are in for a huge, HUGE project.... Just a heads up
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 PM

^ LOL

i think it would be a really cool car to drive, all that power and sound from a nice mean h6 would be nuts.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
It's been done in a 1st gen Legacy before....

You'll need the ECU wiring from the SVX, to make it all work, but since you have the SVX to pull parts from it shouldn't be too bad.

I think the radiator will be OK, but I bet the fans are still an issue.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 01-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Link in my signature has the complete SVX service manual in downloadable PDF format. The ECU and TCU pin-outs are there as well.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
The plugs on the ecu's are the same though the pin out is not. The wiring change should be pretty easy. Just unwrap the svx harness and take what wires you need. You can pop them out of the svx connectors so that you can pop them into the legacy connector just as easily. I would go ahead and leave the legacy harness wrapped the way it is and rearrange the wires as needed in the connectors, run the svx wires seperately and pop them into the connectors where they go.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico i wrx u View Post
well i want to ask this question on this site becuse you guys would know more about this.

i am planning on takeing out my svx motor out my svx soon....... know some pepole might think he is going to stick it in a gc impreza but i really dont want to use a gc8 for this swap.

i just got a very clean 1991 legacy turbo and i want to put the svx motor in this car..... i cant find pics of the ecu but i seen some where that the ecu has the same plugs as a legacy turbo........ would someone know if the plugs are the same? also would some one have the ecu pinout of the svx so i can match things up?

also i know there is more room up front of a legacy turbo then a impreza to have a factory rad and fans work.

i have both cars so if i need to run the extra wires to make the coils work its not a problem.

thank you

nico.
Not as easy as you would hope... Tried to do this with an OBDII ECU and a 99 SUS... I ended up starting all over with running the whole OBDI harness out of an SVX..> Seperate the ECU harness from the main on the svx harness. Then wire it into the main harness in the Imp. Be ready to cut the rad support and fab a new one

Tom
Old 01-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Thumbs up

WOW you guys are quick...... thanks for all the info guys. i am going to start to strip the svx soon so i will post alot of pics to show you guys how it all goes down.

you guys siad it has been done b4 in a legacy turbo shell? is there a pic of this done i would love to see what it looks like?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Locker Link Solution

Here

Just ignore the supercharger
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:19 PM

thats amazing is it yours? if so how does it drive? and the rad still wont fit under a legacy shell?

i wonder if bye useing a turbo crossmember it makes it diffrent?

and this thing is supercharged wow talk about need for speed.