Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
AK Rowdy

Send a message via AIM to Crysis
:( Break in

Well last night my car was broken into. Shattered the passenger side window and tried to crowbar the cd player out, but couldnt get it. All they were able to get was the faceplate, but now I have a broken window and a messed up dash . Donno what happened with my alarm; i wasnt able to open my door though for like 5 hours...then it just released. I dont know if that was from the alarm or not. When I came out to my car to unlock my door...it didnt do the usual two beeps...just some weird sound (hard to describe). Does our alarm not go off when the window is shattered or do they shut off after some time?

P.S. the car next to me was robbed as well, but they got his cd player.

Aaron
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Locker Link Solution

Sorry about that. I had the same window broken in mine when some @$$ hat broke into mine. They succeeded in taking nothing also, including the car, but left me with a little damage and over a month of frustration which I'm sure I ranted on here about before.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Sorry to hear it.I got your back buddy. I'll find you any parts you need for a good price and I'll help you beat the crap out of the losers that did it if you find them. You know how we do things in the A.K.

P.S. Where was your car parked?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
sounds like your alarm might have gone off... on most stock alarms they dont have presure sensors so they go off when the door is unlocked from the inside... I HATE IT WHEN THEY JUST TAKE THE FACE PLATE! I MEAN WTF CAN BE DONE WITH THAT!?!?!
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 06-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
sounds like your alarm might have gone off... on most stock alarms they dont have presure sensors so they go off when the door is unlocked from the inside... I HATE IT WHEN THEY JUST TAKE THE FACE PLATE! I MEAN WTF CAN BE DONE WITH THAT!?!?!
You can reach in and unlock the doors on our cars without the alarm going off. But it does go off when the door is opened and it should also go off when the window is broke due to it does have a shock sensor.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
really??? they dont have shock sensors on most older alarms
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 06-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
really??? they dont have shock sensors on most older alarms
Ours cars do and they have an adjustment screw on the unit for the the sensitivity.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Ours cars do and they have an adjustment screw on the unit for the the sensitivity.
Does that mean i can make mine more sensitive so it goes off next time one of my moron neighbor's children decides to ride directly into it on their bikes? Next time that happens i want the car to let their mother know i'm on my way over and the police have been called (yup if it happens again, which would be time 4, i will be calling our local police.)

Mine goes off (or beeps like it will) if i reach in and unlock it when i arm it with the key in the lock.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Does that mean i can make mine more sensitive so it goes off next time one of my moron neighbor's children decides to ride directly into it on their bikes? Next time that happens i want the car to let their mother know i'm on my way over and the police have been called (yup if it happens again, which would be time 4, i will be calling our local police.)

Mine goes off (or beeps like it will) if i reach in and unlock it when i arm it with the key in the lock.
Yep. If you go to the unit behind the glove box and unbolt it and slide it towards the pass. side a little bit you'll see a little hole with a white plastic screw in it facing you. clockwise for more sensitivity, counterclockwise for less.

And as a warning, When too sensitive it will tell everyone that drives by with a bad exhaust to get it fixed.(hooooooooooooooooooooooonk)

Last edited by Budfreak; 06-20-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Cool! Now i have a plan for thursday (too late today, exam tomorrow) i want it to honk if someone so much as leans on it (pet peeve of mine. But do my brothers friends get it? Nope i still remind them daily!) Subi gets no respect but what do you expect from pimped out honda drivers and ppl who breed like rabbits?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Cool! Now i have a plan for thursday (too late today, exam tomorrow) i want it to honk if someone so much as leans on it (pet peeve of mine. But do my brothers friends get it? Nope i still remind them daily!) Subi gets no respect but what do you expect from pimped out honda drivers and ppl who breed like rabbits?
LOL! It probally won't go off just because they lean on it, But if someone hits it or something it will. Gotta love those breeding honda drivers.I figure the world could use more things to laugh at anyway.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Quote:

Believe it or not they come in handy. They probably sell them on ebay or the like. If one person goes around stealing a bunch of faceplates, those faceplates can be used for the stolen decks that didnt have a faceplate on it when it was stolen. Or, you may be the poor sap that got his faceplate stolen, and buy just the faceplate itself off ebay... You have to admit it sucks, but it's a good system if you make your living off of breaking into cars....

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 06-20-2006, 10:46 PM
AK Rowdy

Send a message via AIM to Crysis
hmm i didnt know you could adjust the sensitivity. Definately going to do that tomorrow. I tried calling best buy for a face plate, but they think i stole it lol and wont sell face plates alone. Luckily for me, I purchased some doors for my car because of the rust; so I am just replacing the entire door. However, they are red and my car is black....:/ Body Shop anyone???
Old 06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis
hmm i didnt know you could adjust the sensitivity. Definately going to do that tomorrow. I tried calling best buy for a face plate, but they think i stole it lol and wont sell face plates alone. Luckily for me, I purchased some doors for my car because of the rust; so I am just replacing the entire door. However, they are red and my car is black....:/ Body Shop anyone???
Sunburned Police car?

Dan
Old 06-21-2006, 02:24 AM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Guess I got lucky (if you could call it that) that my theif took the head unit without damaging the dash.
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?