Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
after the DRAGON

i had fun how bout you guys? im gonna go as soon as i can and now i am lookin to sell my svx and get an impreza. after seeing those up there and what they sounded like and could do im up for one now!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:49 PM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
Thumbs up

I have a great new respect for the impreza, that's for sure, if i would sell my svx for one is a probable no. Those little 2.5 RS are crazy not to mention the WRX and STI.. very impresive on tarmac and gravel, matt you need to go gravel with somebody next year..OMG it is amazing

on a side note, if for any reason i had to part with my svx or got tired of it.. an impreza would be the next on my list now..wow wow wow wow <long low whistle> man can those things scoot(wish I had more money)

as for the rest of the Dragon experience, it was all wonderful, a bunch of great people and a great place, and beautiful(unexpected) weather. I want to thank everybody for an awesome time, hope to see you all again
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 PM

im gonna try and head back up in the fall and i hope my car will be sold and i will have stuff done to an impreza by then. then when we go up i will have my rims intake short throw shifter all the shabang and i have an extra set or pirelli's with stock rims on it i could go graveling in witch would be fun but im inexperienced on that and so i would have to practice on some roads out here. i would hate to end up in a ditch..........also.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:07 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Dragon was fun over all..... Sucks that my SVX couldn't be there, but I still had fun... However, my ride back was probably the most amazing and stressful mass of events that has happened in a long time.... But they were NOTHING compaired to Jen's bad luck I'll let her post about it if she wants... I'll probably post all the things that happened to me as soon as I actually get some rest and let my heart slow down...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I had a great time as I aways do there...

The XT6 came through it with flying colors (think I might have Converted SVXHunter )

I hope Jen made it home OK, sorry I didn't get to help any more with it, but had people waiting on me, and looked like you had her taken care of.

Got to meet Alex, and Matt, and Paul and Chris, and Jen for th efirst time, all were great people, as is usually the case with SVX/XT owners.

We had 8 Xt owners present, and 6 XT's there (there was only 4 or 5 SVXes there)
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

who's jen and what happened?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-06-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
who's jen and what happened?
~*~JenSVX~*~

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-06-2005, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
I hope Jen made it home OK, sorry I didn't get to help any more with it, but had people waiting on me, and looked like you had her taken care of.
Hmmmm, bad news man.... She made it about half way into Virginia before her tranny was just stuck in 1st. I will let her post more about it if she wants... But to put it into perspective, her day was about eleventy billion times worse than mine.... Here is what happened to me (taken from my post on NASIOC earlier this morning).....

"WOW, have I got a story for youguys about my trip home....

--- 9:30am on Sunday, woke up and packed up tents and other stuff...
--- 10:50am, Checked out of Fontana
--- 11:15am, I left Fontana after working out some issues with Jen's transmission in the SVX (The Burgandy one I was in all week).
--- About 12:30, the little VW Rabbit starts over-heating as I am working my way out of the mountians twards I-40.
--- 12:45 I finally pull over when the water temp suddenly swings back to cold again.
--- 1:00pm Check the "water".... THERE WAS NONE!!!!!!!
--- Manage to find some random fluids to put in the car to get me to a rest stop (about 5 miles down the road), where I discover that my water pump is GUSHING my "makeshift coolant" like an open tap almost!!!
--- 1:45pm, I gather all the bottles that I can find at the rest area and fill them with water.... Must have been about 20 gallons total!!!
--- 2:15pm, leave the rest area for Canton, NC (Where my SVX is located) while "Watering the highway" with my messed up water pump...
--- 3:00pm, after picking up a waterpump from Advance Auto, I head up to Shane's (my mechanic) and start taking the motor apart...
--- 4:15pm I discover, after the engine is almost in peices (AND STILL WARM/HOT!!), that Advance Auto gave me the WRONG WATER PUMP!!! Luckly we find a place that has the right one and go get it...
--- 5:15pm, I discover, after taking the timingbelt cover off, that there is a MASSIVE GASH in my timing belt!!!!
--- 5:50pm, Get the belt and go back to the house and start taking off more stuff to get the timingbelt replaced...
--- 10:45pm, finally finish replacing the timing belt and water pump on the little beast of a Diesel!! Fill with coolant (Real stuff this time) and let it idle for about 15 minutes...
--- 11:00pm, Shirtless and partially covered with oil and other fluids, I leave Canton, NC...
--- 6:00am (This MORNING!!) I arrive in Beaufort, SC... Stopped once for fuel, twice for strech and water breaks, once to check the coolant, and once to sleep (kept blinking off)....
--- 6:15am, called my boss and told her everything... She gave me 2 hours to sleep and get ready for work...
--- 8:15am, left my room for work.....
--- 10:00am, started posting this post in between random work....

Quite an interesting last 24 hours.... "

Jen said that she had a great time, too bad her car bit it ... She is having it flat-bedded down to Asheville (same place mine is) and we are swapping a tranny into it She should be back on the road and in NY before the end of the week

Last edited by GreenMarine; 06-08-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 AM

ya'll were runnin that svx pretty hard. i was behind you in mine on the last run on saturday and u were scootin threw those turns. ones i felt one slip up in my svx i pulled over and left the power steering cool off until i went all the way back. but i just had my trans rebuilt so that prolly y mine didn't mess up or slip. and it was a good ride home for me.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Oh wow Jen went down for teh dragon....ill have to talk to her and see how things are.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hmmmm, bad news man.... She made it about half way into Virginia before her tranny was just stuck in 1st.

Crap... Me and Melis (Subbyru89) passed her back and forth a few times in Southern VA before we had to pull off for some fuel in the XT6 we were borrowing from Benebob. We were looking for her again after we got back on the highway, but I figured that she was up ahead or pulled off for gas and we passed her...

I'm not sure what happened or if we could have helped but we would have tried.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
Crap... Me and Melis (Subbyru89) passed her back and forth a few times in Southern VA before we had to pull off for some fuel in the XT6 we were borrowing from Benebob. We were looking for her again after we got back on the highway, but I figured that she was up ahead or pulled off for gas and we passed her...

Was that a White XT??? When I last talked to her she said that she wanted me to find out who's it was becuase it had PA Plates on it...

Old 06-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest

Dave,
You and Melis passed us filling up in Marysville, TN (right below Knoxville)

Hope you had a safe trip home, and it was good to see you again.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 06-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
Was that a White XT??? When I last talked to her she said that she wanted me to find out who's it was becuase it had PA Plates on it...
Yep... Sure was...
Old 06-06-2005, 10:32 PM

i got bord so i made this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragin.JPG (183.5 KB, 137 views)