How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Brock94SVX

A Slight loss of power at 76-80

I noticed last night, when I had my cruise control on at 72 and I sped up to between 79-81, while in that range.. I noticed a slight lag.... I tried to duplicate it at different speeds, just at that exact RPM/MPH range in 4th gear. (rebuilt tranny recently, needs 110k Service, new steering belt and oil change for sure!).
I'm thinking if I do the servicing above, it will go away...

Oh while I'm Asking... WHAT IS THE DAMN DEAL WITH MY A/C... I had it recharged last rear.... and now it hardly stays cool (68-72). I feel some cold air, but minumial.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock94SVX

Oh while I'm Asking... WHAT IS THE DAMN DEAL WITH MY A/C... I had it recharged last rear.... and now it hardly stays cool (68-72). I feel some cold air, but minumial.
It leaks.

When I got my SVX the AC worked, but the hose between the condensor and compressor was porous. The day I got the car, while checking the oil, something glistening on the hose caught my eye, and I was surprised to discover it was tiny beads forming all over the the thing, as if it had been pricked repeatedly with a needle. I painted a section with rubber cement and bubbles were formed by the escaping refrigerant.

Anyway, might be worth a check.

dcb
Old 05-23-2005, 03:12 PM
KCROGUEDOG

do you know how many shifts you get total. i noticed i get shifts up around 90 and 110 i have never counted but i pretty sure there is more than 4 shifts i think. you could have a small slip in a high gear before another shift. i got a lag in drive at 60mph running at low rpms and i got the shift kit and it all disappeared. also check the throttle cables one of the two(driverside) is for cruise.