Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southeast Region

Old 11-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Reverend

Mechanic Needed

Hello all SVXers. I live in orlando, and unfortunately I'm leaving any time soon thanks to the transmissino difficulties I'm having. That is assuming I wanted to leave. I guess my car just loves first gear so much, that it doesn't want to shift out of it, either that or the other gears did something to piss off my car.

Anyway, I'm looking for a mechanic to work on this transmission, at the very least give me an idea of whats going on under the hood. I've never had tranny work done on any car, and my mechanic does not do trannies.

Where do I go folks?
Old 11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Unfortunately most mechanics will not want to open up a 4EAT. They will replace them though.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Reverend

Sense I posted that, I got the error code from the blinking power light by moving the shifter around and turning on and off the manual switch. According to the TCU the error is the vehicle speed sensor #2, which may mean that my tranny isn't kaputsky, right?

So I guess a better question is, does anyone know any mechanics in central florida who know SVXs, and can replace a speed sensor, where the heck it may be. I'm showing my ignorance here I know.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So to confirm you got error code #33?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Reverend

That would be correct, sir. Three long, three short.

Or maybe my car's possesed and was trying to get out part of an SOS to me.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

If I were closer and had tools I would love to come down and wrench on your car for alittle bit man.... However, the Marines don't let me out all that often

Try "SolarWRX"... He used to have a SVX but now owns a WRX... He is in FL too and may beable to help ya out

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: