Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by nextcubepro
I really can't see how this would be in any way necessary on a board that discusses one automobile.

See, that's just what people DON'T GET about the SVX community. It's not just about the AUTOMOBILE!!!!! The more people DON'T understand THAT, the more we'll degenerate into a crappy 0-60, my car is better than yours, I like my rims and yours suck, kinda crap board. Basically an SVX is an SVX. There's really only so much you can discuss about the car. "HA! Mine has auto seatbelts so your SVX that doesn't have them sucks!" "Oh yeah, well mine has a lock button on the center console, so, mine's better." "I've got a body color grille, so there!" GAK!

We not only help people solve their car problems, we become a part of each other's lives and share life experiences. That is what has made this board so great.

If the majority thinks it should be just another "automobile discussion" forum, then, fine.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 11-07-2003, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

See, that's just what people DON'T GET about the SVX community. It's not just about the AUTOMOBILE!!!!! The more people DON'T understand THAT, the more we'll degenerate into a crappy 0-60, my car is better than yours, I like my rims and yours suck, kinda crap board. Basically an SVX is an SVX. There's really only so much you can discuss about the car. "HA! Mine has auto seatbelts so your SVX that doesn't have them sucks!" "Oh yeah, well mine has a lock button on the center console, so, mine's better." "I've got a body color grille, so there!" GAK!

We not only help people solve their car problems, we become a part of each other's lives and share life experiences. That is what has made this board so great.

If the majority thinks it should be just another "automobile discussion" forum, then, fine.
hey randy, don't let the newbie tick you....he knows not what he says

hey newbie, a little advice, don't post on heated threads, especially because you have no idea of what is going on. if you are interested in a forum that is all about the cars...then leave

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
RWJ "the voice of reason"

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

No... RW... it's not fine... if that's what they think, then, it is them that should go... this is what I was thinking the other night... This section is to help! To answer questions and discuss the workings of a very fine car.

If they don't think their car is fine... then go to the "for sale" forum and sell it!

I can't tell you how many times I've come here for help and information. I've learned so much about our car that some of my friends call me for advice and I surprise myself in that I actually know the answer ... from reading the information here.

I'm reminded of the very old and very worn saying, " Opinions are like assholes.... everybody has one" unfortunately we have quite a few opinions here...

I liked the helping and family feelings that were here when I started back in December of 2001 when I bought my first SVX sight unseen on Ebay. Even though I bought a very damaged and problem filled car, I fell in love with it. Now I have 2 and I'm working on getting a third... (so that I can be sure of driving one for a long time to come) But if this forum is going to fall apart because idiots can't control the name calling and flaming....I'll be fine without it... I'll still love my car.... I'll be on my own... but I'll still love my car...
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-07-2003, 11:23 AM
gf ina subie

Ditto

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

I liked the helping and family feelings that were here when I started back in December of 2001 when I bought my first SVX sight unseen on Ebay. Even though I bought a very damaged and problem filled car, I fell in love with it. Now I have 2 and I'm working on getting a third... (so that I can be sure of driving one for a long time to come) But if this forum is going to fall apart because idiots can't control the name calling and flaming....I'll be fine without it... I'll still love my car.... I'll be on my own... but I'll still love my car...
I'll second that.

I am still astounded that so many on this thread don't seem to get it. I haven't read a single post that says that no one should care about anyone else or develop friendships. What I've seen is that there is a huge majority that want the whole name calling and overly-emotional attacks to stop. Even Porter is tiring of it. [wink]

As for Newbies not knowing what they say, you're wrong. Keep in mind that just because somone is a newbie in this group that they haven't been on other forums, other sites, other groups. I've researched and participated in several other groups for various reasons, and yeah, everyone picks on newbies. No biggie. I can't think of any other group that has been so hostile, though. Several of you have personally invited anyone who doesn't think the way you do or who hasn't been in the group for a time you deem worthy to leave the forum. Ok. That leaves about 10 of you or so. Have a nice time.

It seems to me that the very thing that Trevor was trying to avoid in the first place, before it got so out of hand, many of you are now encouraging. I haven't read a post by Trevor that openly attacked anyone (well, almost anyone). Why do it for him? Is this simply because you are upset about Trevor wanting to go? Is it constructive?
Old 11-07-2003, 11:33 AM

Re: Ditto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gf ina subie
[B]

As for Newbies not knowing what they say, you're wrong.

99% of newbies may know something about the car, but they know nothing of the relations on this board
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Ditto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHISVX
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by gf ina subie

As for Newbies not knowing what they say, you're wrong.

99% of newbies may know something about the car, but they know nothing of the relations on this board

Bingo

That's it exactly! and thank you for clarifying that for me Kelli
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 11-07-2003, 01:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
This site to me is about friendship.

Maybe I am weird, but I have a number of friends around the world, real friends but people I have seen only a few times, or maybe never, but people that I communicate with. Friend on this site and elsewhere. Chat is instant, but communication takes time. Time to get to know someone, time to have a degree of understanding, sometimes almost an empathy.

I will not allow a few hot-head ruin my friendships and my fun. Maybe I am thick-skinned too, but if I see something that I don't agree with I either ignore it or extract the urine, but I never get upset.

I disagree with my friends, family and even my wife on occasions, but we never fall out seriously over things, the friendships are too strong. They transcend everything else, even my SVX.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 11-07-2003, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: RWJ "the voice of reason"

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

No... RW... it's not fine...
To clarify: that was not a "fine, I'll agree with and condone it" fine. It was more of a "hands on the hips, tossing my head back, challenging" fine.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 11-07-2003, 02:09 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
This site to me is about friendship.

Put 'er there, pard'ner. You've just said more in this sentence than all of the bravado in all the other posts, combined. Bravo!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 11-07-2003, 02:14 PM
gf ina subie

Re: Re: Ditto

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
[QUOTE
Of course not, Kelli, but you don't need to know anything about anyone on any board to know that it's ridiculous to start in with the swearing at, name calling of, and attacking of anyone. It serves no purpose.

And frankly, I don't know much of anything about my car. I've only had it for 1 1/2 years. That's why I read the forums...to learn. My ride is not just a ride...it's a big part of my life and many of my friends and acquaintances are based on a mutual interest in cars.

What this thread shows me and any newbie is that the SVX community is largely comprised of emotionally charged screaming meemies. I go to other threads and other SVX forums for proof that this is an anomaly, and I sincerely hope that folks can calm down and come to their senses soon. My car is embarrassed by the whole scene and is so distressed that she has even considered donning a fat chrome exhaust tip and masquerading as a Honda until the whole thing blows over.

What I, any newbie, or anyone who disagrees with you (not YOU, Kelli, just a general "you") think is obviously of no consequence to many of you. If that's the case, why not just exchange e-mails and have your own private party?
Old 11-07-2003, 02:18 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Ditto

Quote:
My car is embarrassed by the whole scene and is so distressed that she has even considered donning a fat chrome exhaust tip and masquerading as a Honda until the whole thing blows over.

Yep, I like you already. LSHIAPMP!!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 11-07-2003, 02:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ditto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gf ina subie
[B]

My car is embarrassed by the whole scene and is so distressed that she has even considered donning a fat chrome exhaust tip and masquerading as a Honda until the whole thing blows over.

i think your car needs some counseling, that just isn't right...that is almost an ideal threat and could cause certain long standing stock members to go into premature cardiac arrest

just don't go doing something stupid, like adding house power with type R stickers

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
gf ina subie

Red face Uh-oh

Does that mean I should take back the performance yellow-coated wires, with the matching oil, tranny, and ww fluid caps too??
Old 11-07-2003, 03:15 PM

Re: Uh-oh

Quote:
Does that mean I should take back the performance yellow-coated wires, with the matching oil, tranny, and ww fluid caps too??
yeah, "stock boy" might appreciate that
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
gf ina subie

Question Newbie, remember?

"stock boy?"
Closed Thread