Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-01-2003, 10:39 AM

Ridealong with 5.0/long!

part of my CJ class is that i do a ride a along with the police. Since it was Halloween, i thought that it would be cool, and it was!

night started off boring, i was BSing with Bill, the officer i was assigned to. pulled over a few ppl, but nothing major

the first active call was a domestic with husband and wife. we arrived on scene and they both reaked of alcohol. the husband pointed at me right away and said "I KNOW YOU! YOUR SUSAN RIGHT??" he then proceeded to try to get close to my face. Bill right away stepped in front of him and said, "hey, don't even talk to her, you have enough right here right now, don't add to your problems" then the guy kept trying to talk to me while the officer was trying to talk to him...then a pitbull came out of the side of the house and got right next to me...i was actually scared at that point...the ppl in this area are known to train their dogs to bite...but the dog walked right past me and Bill told the wife to put the dog inside, which she did. after things began to calm down, the other officer told them to keep it down or they will both be in trouble and then we left.

after that we drove around a bit, he showed me when he checks ...like parks and such, man do cops beat their cars..up and over curves, he pushed a trash can out of the way with it...all kinds

the next interesting one was a burglary...it was a house of males, window broken, stuff thrown everywhere, it was a total mess. but i highly doubt that it was any more trashed then it normally was. there was half eaten food all over and a boat load of cockroaches on the floor...i won't go into detail, but it was very nasty. these guys all work...and the same thing happened to them a few weeks earlier. we took report and called the detective in, i watched him work, do his pictures and then he set up an appointment for them to come in during the week.

Rob, this one is for you

this car caught my eye...it was hideous! a monte carlo with all kinds of stickers and a melon tossing exhaust was squealing down the road...jokely i told the cop he should pull that guy for having an ugly car....he sayed...OK...he ran the plates, they were clean...that is when we noticed that the car had 2 plates, a temp and a perm...so we pulled him over for that. turns out the driver didn't have a lisence...i got a gold star on that one...

this is the last one, and probably the funniest!

"a car in the middle of the road" was the call. we arrived to find this cougar in the middle of the road and this guy with makeup on his face saying that he coudn't make the car go left or right...yeah...the reason being because he just too out a fire hydrant with his front end and knocked it like 10 feet and into a wall. his tire was hanging off the rim he pretty much split in half. the bumper was also hanging off the car. the guy reaked of alcohol. we got him out and another officer gave him teh S-test...abc's and stuff...the guy was clearly intoxicated... he was wearing leggins and a t-shirt...he must have felt like such a arse! anys...what is scarey is that he is a commercial pilot for a major comercial air company

i had an amusing Halloween. i have to give cops a lot of credit for not laughing at some of the people they have to deal with. i feel bad for some of the ppl we had to deal with too...all around...it was very informative

Kelli

sorry so long....
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:46 AM

That's awesome....and it reminds me that I have to do some ride along time w/ the local ambulance...THANKS!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 11-01-2003, 10:48 AM

i do those ride alongs all the time!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Unstoppable

It must have been pretty cool to ride along with the cops. The ride along with the ambulance thing is old hat for me, cause I am a member. I dont get to drive or be an EMT or anything yet(too young to drive and too busy right now to take the EMT class) but I do get to help out. Its a small squad, so there aren't a ton of calls, but it is definitely interesting.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 11-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Unstoppable

Wow, I killed it....

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Certified Porschephile

Good for you Kelly. I think I met you at Reading III. It is hard not to fall down in fits of laughter sometimes. I am right now taking a break from typing a report from a drunk idiot who just drove his car off a 18 foot embankment because he had a fight with his girlfriend. People are wierd. I'd never hurt my car over a woman!!!! Take care and good luck.

Dan
Old 11-06-2003, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Good for you Kelly. I think I met you at Reading III. It is hard not to fall down in fits of laughter sometimes. I am right now taking a break from typing a report from a drunk idiot who just drove his car off a 18 foot embankment because he had a fight with his girlfriend. People are wierd. I'd never hurt my car over a woman!!!! Take care and good luck.

Dan
well, officer, if you were observant enough, you would have seen my name is Kelli, not Kelly

Kell I

he he he, just kidding, i had a great time though
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Old 11-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
i went on one with my uncle in detroit but all we did was rescue old ladies that couldnt hold there "water" in the summer heat.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

I dated a Kelly, and forever more Kelly is "burned" into my head!! Sorry Kelli. I have also seen it spelled Kelley. Let us know how your next trip goes.
Old 11-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
My brother-in-law is a Police chief around here, and i have ridden along with him many times. The thing that i thought was really interesting was similiar to what Kelli said. The way cops drive is very ironic. They commit every moving violation known to man every chance they get. Rolling through and sometimes completely disregarding stop signs, speeding, illegal parking etc...but most of them are extremely good drivers, i learned this during the first of several chases i witnessed. One thing i don't understand is why is it that people only try to get away in pickup trucks and SUVs? Just once i would love to see a chase involving a Corvette or even a Camaro or something. That might be exciting.

Also a sidenote about the hideous Monte Carlo...a friend of mine has a 2000 MC SS with an R350 engine (special production from RA Tech), anyway he is very adamant about enforcing decency among MC owners. You should hear his "words" with some of these MC owners. Someday he is going to really injure a "ricey" MC owner.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
make sure he gets a nice camera and carries it around where ever he goes.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: