SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Hater

this thread reserved for scam alert

i am reserving this space for a scam alert. i had a purchase-by-mail dealing with a certain somewhat respected member of this site, and i have been jerked around.

i have given a deadline of this Saturday, to have my money in hand, or the 'Shock and Awe' will begin. i've had someone try to just keep my money and not send my car parts before, and they definitely regret it. i'm not a novice to this anymore, and the offending party will have an even more miserable experience when i am finished. i'm really the last person someone should f**k with, because i am infinitely stubborn, and i enjoy revenge more than a Sicilian. i have archived all e-mail correspondence, so you all may see the lies for yourselves, if it should come to that.

if i have my money on Saturday, i will keep quiet about this, despite what this weasel really deserves.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-09-2003, 01:32 PM

you go girl! i mean uhh

that sucks! i hope it doesnt come to that, but i wish you the best.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 09-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
you go girl! i mean uhh

that sucks! i hope it doesnt come to that, but i wish you the best.
Pete, always with the rap cliches.....

thanks, i'd rather just get this sour taste out of my mouth and be done with this whole deal.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:50 PM

haha I am the rap man of the SVX network lol ...no seriously though, even if you do get your money back, I would kind of like to know some info on the person only for future reference and things like that.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:53 PM

goo get um tiger!

no seriously, if you don't get your money by Sat, do us a favor and let us know who it is...although, some might have a general idea of who it is...

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Hater

sorry, i won't reveal who it is provided all of my money is returned, because unlike some people, i MEAN what i say.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:55 PM

I have no idea...im oblivious to alot of things though...on that note, ill tell you a little story, kinda off topic of the no nevermind lol its a long story. but i would like a clue

Old 09-09-2003, 01:58 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Let’s begin by saying that I am the person he is talking about. This is regarding a JDM Group order from Feb.

Alan: Like I said earlier, you will be refunded.

On a lighter note, there are a few things that are bugging me. I am in the middle of the tracking process. That’s one of the reasons why it’s taking sometime. The first thing that is bugging me is out of 40-50 orders ONLY one order is lost. Second thing is that you are contacting me in August/September when the order was placed in Feb and the items should be at the door by Mid/Third week or March.

I am not saying that you are lying. I also trust Masao Kato (JDM Contact). I am just trying to get to the middle of where the item could be and the fact that item should be at your door in March is kind of making things hard to track.

A lot of people order parts or different SVX related items from me. Everyone so far got their part/items. Do call your local post office and see if anything is left at the back for you as well. If they are there, they should be in a small box.

It’s just puzzling.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Let’s begin by saying that I am the person he is talking about. This is regarding a JDM Group order from Feb.

Alan: Like I said earlier, you will be refunded.

On a lighter note, there are a few things that are bugging me. I am in the middle of the tracking process. That’s one of the reasons why it’s taking sometime. The first thing that is bugging me is out of 40-50 orders ONLY one order is lost. Second thing is that you are contacting me in August/September when the order was placed in Feb and the items should be at the door by Mid/Third week or March.

I am not saying that you are lying. I also trust Masao Kato (JDM Contact). I am just trying to get to the middle of where the item could be and the fact that item should be at your door in March is kind of making things hard to track.

A lot of people order parts or different SVX related items from me. Everyone so far got their part/items. Do call your local post office and see if anything is left at the back for you as well. If they are there, they should be in a small box.

It’s just puzzling.
ok, you brought it public.

riddle me this Batman - i just recently contacted you about this? my first inquiry as to the order status was back in April, and again in May, when you said you were trying to figure out what happened. since May the rest were me asking when my money is going to arrive, and you saying "i'll send it [insert bull**** timeframe here]". if your memory is bad i have all these PM's saved, and can post them/send them to you if you like.

i paid you for stuff that wasn't delivered. you said you'd refund my money, and then i have to badger you for months as to when i'm going to get it. i shouldn't have to do that to a complete stranger on ebay, let alone a longtime member of this site. i'm not going to wait while you track things - you should have been doing that back in April.

any more comments?

Old 09-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
No good deed goes unpunished....

Alan, I would recommend calming down a bit.

I can assure you that Lwin has much better things do do with his time than to run a low dollar scam on you that would disgrace his name in this club. I mean if he was planning on scamming people, why wouldn't he have taken all fifty people's money?

Lwin did for free what many businesses do for a large markup. Why a markup? because it is a pain to coordinate. His was a selfless effort to help some friends save money and all that happened was a bunch of people got pissed off because the transactions did not go as smoothly as they would of if they paid twice as much to an import/export business. I say let them buy at retail next time.

I know how difficult it is to try and track shipments across continents from half a year ago, obtaining customs records, dealing with different parts of the world on opposite sleep schedules, etc.

While I fully believe that you never got the parts, I wouldn't immediately assume a scam. If it is shipped, it can get screwed up. I once had one strut out of a sealed box of four get lost in shipping, Imagine the surprise to find that they can't find a strut out of a sealed box.

Now you are asking Lwin to give his own money to you before you know for sure if it is his fault or the carrier? Your claim may be with the post office or customs.

As I said, No good deed goes unpunished.... This is why I stopped doing stuff for others as well. Why should I lose time and money to do a favor for someone else?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds
No good deed goes unpunished....

Alan, I would recommend calming down a bit.

I can assure you that Lwin has much better things do do with his time than to run a low dollar scam on you that would disgrace his name in this club. I mean if he was planning on scamming people, why wouldn't he have taken all fifty people's money?

Lwin did for free what many businesses do for a large markup. Why a markup? because it is a pain to coordinate. His was a selfless effort to help some friends save money and all that happened was a bunch of people got pissed off because the transactions did not go as smoothly as they would of if they paid twice as much to an import/export business. I say let them buy at retail next time.

I know how difficult it is to try and track shipments across continents from half a year ago, obtaining customs records, dealing with different parts of the world on opposite sleep schedules, etc.

While I fully believe that you never got the parts, I wouldn't immediately assume a scam. If it is shipped, it can get screwed up. I once had one strut out of a sealed box of four get lost in shipping, Imagine the surprise to find that they can't find a strut out of a sealed box.

Now you are asking Lwin to give his own money to you before you know for sure if it is his fault or the carrier? Your claim may be with the post office or customs.

As I said, No good deed goes unpunished.... This is why I stopped doing stuff for others as well. Why should I lose time and money to do a favor for someone else?

Doug
no, i don't think it was a 'scam', but i think that if you arrange this sort of thing, you should be prepared to be responsible for undelivered goods.

it wasn't a huge sum of money, either. what really pisses me off, though, are the LIES. i was MORE than patient.
"i'll send the money _____"
"my PayPal must be screwed up, i'll send it _____"
etc.
only after i resorted to threats (promises) did i get him to get off his ass and actually take some sort of action.

i know he's unemployed - if he didn't HAVE the money, he could have told me and i would have understood. i know for a fact if i needed to return money to a member of this site, i would make an effort to do it.

and the amount was $240 Lwin, not $230.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:50 PM

I have not used paypal for a while - I just got the new password a couple of days ago. Why don't I use paypal? Because I stop doing what I did.

In the process of doing what I did for the people, the first time, I I got some nasty emails because the item came a couple of days later then promised. I had no control over such matter since I am just the middle person, TRYING to cut the cost down for people here.

Second time, I am getting this. Trust me, I am the type of person that go out and get a car on a trip. 200 bucks is just too little for me to scam. If I were to scam someone, I'd do it for a lot bigger number. 200 is not worth my time.

You will get the money as soon as the 240 shows up on the paypal account.

Take this as a note people: NO MORE GROUP ORDER. PERIOD!
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-09-2003, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

i know he's unemployed
It does not mean I am just sitting and sleeping. I have a ton of other things to do as well. You are on the list somewhere but I am cross communicating with people 1/2 way around the world. Next time, try a group order and see how it goes. It's not as easy as you think -- Collect money from people, send money to Japan, wait for people to get their items at the door -- yeah right.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
I'm not taking sides on this one, I just wanted to second Lwin's sentiment. Group buys around here are painful and not worth the effort.

Todd
Old 09-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:

Thanks Lanshark... I am sure everyone had what they wanted from JDM... or not, but good job in costing us hundreds of dollars in whatever it takes to get that stuff, over something that was out of Lwins hands...

Again, I applaud your selfishness... patience is a virtue, one you apparently dont have. And I dont want to hear crap about "it was supposed to be here in march". If he says hes working on it, let him work on it, these things take time.

Respond all you want to me here, I wont be reading this thread after this.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Closed Thread