How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-21-2002, 09:57 PM

Daylight running lights

Hi guys,

I bought a 95 SVX AWD about 2 months ago with a shot tranny. After 2 months of waiting and a little over 3000$ spent fixing it, I drove it for the first time today: what a delight!

I imported the car from the states (yes: I AM CANADIAN!). Tomorrow I have to pass the 2 inspections (federal/provincal) and before doing so, I need to bring the car up to Canadian specs... basically, all I need to do is a slight mod to have the "daylight running lights"... I did it on my GSX a while ago but I wanted to know if some of you guys would know a precise procedure before I go in there and rip everything off. It's basically very simple:I need to run 12V to the headlight fuse/relay when the key is in the "on" position. Does someone know wich fuse/relay carries 12v only in the when at "on"? Do you guys have any wiring diagrams that could help me figure it out myself?

On a different note, I've been browsing the net here and there and have found a "device" that supposably makes a significant hp gain just by adding timing (in modifying a sensor reading to the ECU). Is it safe? Does it work?

Oh and one last thing: I'd like to convert the farenheight temperature reading to celcius... I read about the procedure somewhere but I can't seem to find it anymore. If someone know...

Thanx!
Old 11-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Re: Daylight running lights

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboIQ

Oh and one last thing: I'd like to convert the farenheight temperature reading to celcius... I read about the procedure somewhere but I can't seem to find it anymore. If someone know...

Thanx!
Try Here
Old 11-21-2002, 11:14 PM

Thanx. That takes care of the so called "chip mod" (wich in reality is most probably just a resistor) and also the temperature conversion. As for the daylight running lights conversion, I have yet to read something about it... even summary electrical diagrams would do.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Green1995SVX

If you want to do it the easy way, there is a plug and play DTR unit from subaru. You plug it into a pre-existing harness in the dash and it gives you DTR's

Subaru P/N 84067PA000

Mike
Old 11-22-2002, 01:03 AM

Awsome! Thanx a lot!
Old 11-22-2002, 01:17 AM
Green1995SVX

I was looking at the diagrams, and you may need another relay or 2. Please ask the dealer when you order the unit if you need some relays.

Mike