How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
broken driver door fixed pane:(

so after my head gasket finally died once and for all, i limped the car from home to my parents, to park it till i can get some money saved up for a rebuild. i couldnt get it in my parents driveway because all the cars were in the way, so they said theyd move them before i left for work. i was upset, but ready for the coming plans for a rebuild, and some body work.

less then 3 hours later, i come out to pull it in the back yard, and find a piece of plastic next to my car. pick it up, and see a "made in japan" stamp. turns out it was from the inside edge of my mirror. i look over a few inches, and see that the whole fixed glass on the driver door is shattered. still there, but shattered. someone hit my mirror, and it folded in and im guessing the stress from the mirror mount shattered it. i ended up going in my garage, getting a bottle of aircraft paint stripper and a paint brush, to set it aside for some pay back after work, as im sure i know it was one of 3 vehicles responsible on my streeet. large work trucks all which are white that speed down my street coming dangerously close to parked cars most of the time, explaining the small bit of white on the mirror, that didnt touch the rest of the car. i never did go back after work to get my supplys to go truck hunting, hopeing to see some scratches or red paint at the same height as my mirror.

i went from very hurt to livid in a few minutes. then got to work late. everyone said theyve never seen me that angry and disturbed ever, and never imagined i could get to that level... i calmed down a bit now. Luckily, shortly after posting pics on facebook, Nate (1986nate) sent me a text saying he had the door glass, but sadly its the wrong tint. For now, the car is stored till i move at the end of the year, and get 800 dollars to ship it from the midwest to seattle.

I have to say, its nice to see the svx community i keep in touch with came through immediately. Its pretty great, one of the joys of owning the car isnt even owning the car itself, its the people you meet who share your passion. anyhow, enough temprary fixes, from this point on, the car wont be on the road till its 100 percent finished.

Kudos to all you network members, your part of what makes owning this car a memorable experiance!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Re: broken driver door fixed pane:(

...Sad to hear. If you need the glass, let me know. I have both tints available, and you'd be doing me a seroius favor taking it for shipping
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Re: broken driver door fixed pane:(

id def be up to it, but im saving every dollar so i can move at the end of the year, im hoping to get the car shipped to me around march, then start working on it again.