How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I spotted a Barcelona out towards my place (Culebra and 1560) about a week ago, and today my sister spotted it farther up Culebra (near highway 211). Just posting to bring this thread back, cause im bored and its the middle of the night.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Another Barcelona spotted out by my house, this time on Talley somewhere (my sister saw it). The locals have been pretty dead lately, where is everybody at?

Dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 02-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Same Barcelona was spotted on friday, Talley road all that good stuff. This time I was in the Ebony and we passed right by each other! Didn't see if they noticed me or anything. Next time I see them, i'll hunt them down and meet them.

Dustin

I get the '95 back tomorrow!!

My Locker

Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Pollo 95

Spotted a Pollo 95 today....at Pick-n-Pull....DOH!!!!! It has cloth interior, much of it still there but a few items gone, others in rough shape. Rear bumper cover looked good, front wasn't as good. Fenders had some dings. Car had no sun roof. Front axles were toast. Sunvisors=toast, already had velcro to keep them up.

Car was picked over pretty well.

Missing parts:
- Engine
- Transmission
- Struts w/springs (all 4)
- PS door
- Spoiler
- Rotors (all 4)
- Drivers seat
- Tail lights (all)
- Front lights (all)
- Hood & trunk struts and hinges
- Radiator
- Glovebox
- Radio (there was a subaru radio/tape player in the trunk-single DIN)

Stuff I took: (paid about $62 for all these parts)
- Hood
- Front DS wheel speed sensor
- Cruise button combo
- Trans resistor
- Trunk seal
- Hood seal

Stuff still there:
- Speedo cluster (I pulled this but left it at the front counter when they asked $62 & change for it)
- Brake calipers (all 4)
- Glass (I believe all is there....door glass may have been rolled down)
- Hi-mount rear brake light
- F&R suspension parts (rear knuckles looked good)
- Drive shaft
- Rear differential
- Rear axles
- Steering rack (non-speed sensing)
- A/C condensor
- Under dash (looks like nobody has torn anything out from under the dash
- DS door
- Trunk lid
- Front wiper arms (in back seat as of today)
- Rear wiper (all parts undisturbed)
- Rear washer resevior

If you go for parts don't tell them it's from a SVX. Tell them it's from a '92 legacy or something. Price will be cheaper. I didn't have much choice as the SVX is the only car with a 160mph speedo.

Last edited by Myetball; 04-12-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Haha! We found out about that acouple weeks ago. Marisa just grabbed the PS door litterally 2-3 days ago for an SVXer up in Austin.

Im going back tomorrow or Tuesday for some parts that I need.

When are you gonna make it out to one of the meets?

Dustin

My Locker

Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball View Post
Spotted a Pollo 95 today....at Pick-n-Pull....DOH!!!!! It has cloth interior, much of it still there but a few items gone, others in rough shape. Rear bumper cover looked good, front wasn't as good. Fenders had some dings. Car had no sun roof. Front axles were toast. Sunvisors=toast, already had velcro to keep them up. Car was picked over pretty well.

Missing parts:
- Engine
- Transmission
- Struts w/springs (all 4)
- PS door
- Spoiler
- Rotors (all 4)
- Drivers seat
- Tail lights (all)
- Front lights (all)
- Hood & trunk struts and hinges
- Radiator
- Glovebox
- Radio (there was a subaru radio/tape player in the trunk-single DIN)

Stuff I took: (paid about $62 for all these parts)
- Hood
- Front DS wheel speed sensor
- Cruise button combo
- Trans resistor
- Trunk seal
- Hood seal

Stuff still there:
- Speedo cluster (I pulled this but left it at the front counter when they asked $62 & change for it)
- Brake calipers (all 4)
- Glass (I believe all is there....door glass may have been rolled down)
- Hi-mount rear brake light
- F&R suspension parts (rear knuckles looked good)
- Drive shaft
- Rear differential
- Rear axles
- Steering rack (non-speed sensing)
- A/C condensor
- Under dash (looks like nobody has torn anything out from under the dash
- DS door
- Trunk lid
- Front wiper arms (in back seat as of today)
- Rear wiper (all parts undisturbed)
- Rear washer resevior

If you go for parts don't tell them it's from a SVX. Tell them it's from a '92 legacy or something. Price will be cheaper. I didn't have much choice as the SVX is the only car with a 160mph speedo.
Wow, I thought you had completely disappeared! lol when I was at the pick n pull like 2 weekends ago, I told them the stuff I grabbed was from a 93 SVX. Their prices don't vary by car make/model but by car year. 94+ gets you higher prices. So if you say for instance the door panel is from a 94 , they will charge you $35 but if you say its from a 93, they charge you $25.
When I go, I read over their price lists before pulling the parts because if you take them up to the counter, they will NOT return them to the car, they will TRASH them. They guy at the counter told me this the first time I went while we were just chatting. He was like "If you don't want anything, just leave it there and we'll just trash it." He said it so calmly I was kinda shocked. All I could think was "don't you know what you'd be throwing away!?!?" So the speedo cluster may be trashed by now.
Also its weird that you found the window rolled down. I purposefully push it up and piled the interior stuff on the driver's side so that if it rained, most things would be safe.. Both times I've gone, somebody keeps disorganizing what I do. lol

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 04-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
Haha! We found out about that acouple weeks ago. Marisa just grabbed the PS door litterally 2-3 days ago for an SVXer up in Austin.

Im going back tomorrow or Tuesday for some parts that I need.

When are you gonna make it out to one of the meets?

Dustin
haha yeah... I helped Shaun remove stuff from the SVX. He got the passenger door, with glass, the locking mechanism/solenoid from the driver's side door, the TCU, IVAC controller, and some odds and ends. I went around picking up screws and nuts, took from lug nuts, have the passenger side door interior panel, the light bulbs from all the switches in the dash, rubber from all the wheel wells.. I pretty much took small stuff. lol
I'd love to know who got the engine, transmission, and all the front and rear lights!

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

The DS window may have been up, just don't remember clearly. Of course without the PS door it may be a moot point.

I almost left without the hood, didn't think it was there at first. Just happen to notice it when I turned around to leave, leaning against the car next to it. Couple of dents in it, one stupid convex ding probably from some fool walking on it while something was underneath....a path of muddy footprints ran right down the middle. Pretty much have it sanded down and filled with polyester filler.

Interestingly, the hood had been repainted. A small area was already bondo'd and the whole hood repainted, probably why the clearcoat was peeling off.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
haha yeah... I helped Shaun remove stuff from the SVX. He got the passenger door, with glass, the locking mechanism/solenoid from the driver's side door, the TCU, IVAC controller, and some odds and ends. I went around picking up screws and nuts, took from lug nuts, have the passenger side door interior panel, the light bulbs from all the switches in the dash, rubber from all the wheel wells.. I pretty much took small stuff. lol
I'd love to know who got the engine, transmission, and all the front and rear lights!
The fender liners you mean? If so, how much do you want for the front passenger liner as I was planning on buying that

Dustin

My Locker

Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
The fender liners you mean? If so, how much do you want for the front passenger liner as I was planning on buying that

Dustin
Umm if by fender liner you mean that slim black piece along the fender then yeah, I did.

Just grab it from your pearl. You got 3 SVXs to make 1 perfect SVX.
Think of it as a return gift for the coil pack I gave you. hehe Those black things were the only things I really needed (and didn't want to buy from Subaru as they are like $45 a piece) because when I got my car painted, the painters removed them from my wheels But I am curious how they did that because you have to remove the darn bumper to get them off! I think they just cut them off after they finished painting or.. took them off before to paint and then forgot to put them back on...

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Umm if by fender liner you mean that slim black piece along the fender then yeah, I did.

Just grab it from your pearl. You got 3 SVXs to make 1 perfect SVX.
Think of it as a return gift for the coil pack I gave you. hehe Those black things were the only things I really needed (and didn't want to buy from Subaru as they are like $45 a piece) because when I got my car painted, the painters removed them from my wheels But I am curious how they did that because you have to remove the darn bumper to get them off! I think they just cut them off after they finished painting or.. took them off before to paint and then forgot to put them back on...
Not the slim piece, I mean the large piece that hides the inside of the fender well from view.

My Locker

Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Not the slim piece, I mean the large piece that hides the inside of the fender well from view.
Oh! then no, I did not take that. I think all the wheel well lining was still there.