Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
i love anime!

wangan midnight, not sure what episode, its a screen shot, i stopped at ep. 6, cause 7-16 have yet to be subbed. anyhow, i thought this was a cool shot...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
the svx has made sevral background appearences in initial D too, apparently. the two shots I have seen were both jdm 3 tone silvers as well

There's an old animation around..you may have seen it..its the svx on the simulated roadway...also a silver. I remember hearing that was done by one of the animator guys for initial D, who has a website with his personal svx in it or something....But yeah, that makes me wonder if this is the same guy as well...mabey that show hired him to do some things and he snuck his car in

or wait..are you talking about the same show? lol...I dont follow theese things too great
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 03-27-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I kill more trannies then god

kick ass, thanks this just made my list of anime, are there any other good racing ones Initial-d aside?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:58 PM

capeta is one i really enjoyed, like 40-something episodes, starts off kind of kid-ish and gets more serious. about a kid whos broke dad builds him a go-kart, though it was bad quality, and does really well, and just progressively gets better and better,then moves up a class, while trying to reach formula one and follow a rival whos been raceing alot longer. its pretty cool. look it up on wikipedia for a better plot synopsys.

another is ex-driver, its a 6 series anime, look it up on wiki. also has a movie i believe. still waiting on an initial d stage 5...and waiting....and waiting...

sorry, im actually an anime junkie.

japanese movie(live action - legend of speed, cant find it myself to dl, but im sure someone can find it. now its a korean show, also pretty good. also REALLY hard to find.

wangan midnight was also a live action movie, but ive never even found a copy that wasnt a bad vhs rip.

and last but def not least, the whole shuto kousoku series, 6 live action movies from 1988-1996 about street raceing in japan. you can find all those at netflix also, if you care.

and of course, lets not forget the max boost comic from import tuner, i dont know if it still exists, i always found that entertaining!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Haha, I actually still have my website up showing all the times that an SVX appears in Initial D:

http://stormpages.com/shiroclanclan/IDSVX/index.html

The SVX first appears in Wangan Midnight in episode 12, and has been in every episode since. I actually posted that same screenshot on Initial D World a few days ago, haha. It's really funny since FLATT Racing is a supplier of SVX parts in Japan.

All the DVDs will be out by October 24th of this year, then I'll probably update my website with images of the SVX from all the episodes of Wangan Midnight.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:20 PM

haha, thats where i took it from, from the wangan midnight thread, where i look and frown that theres no subs. i did find that pic tho!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
the svx has made sevral background appearences in initial D too, apparently. the two shots I have seen were both jdm 3 tone silvers as well

There's an old animation around..you may have seen it..its the svx on the simulated roadway...also a silver. I remember hearing that was done by one of the animator guys for initial D, who has a website with his personal svx in it or something....But yeah, that makes me wonder if this is the same guy as well...mabey that show hired him to do some things and he snuck his car in

or wait..are you talking about the same show? lol...I dont follow theese things too great

That could be me who contacted the creator of the short CGI movie. He was the ex-SVX owner. His website used to show a lot of SVX stuffs, but is much simpler now. Seems like it will be updated next May. But here you can see and download that movie. Nice Click the one saying 7.0M and you can save it.
http://www4.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kanemori/infohaz.html

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Domo Arigato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Haha, I actually still have my website up showing all the times that an SVX appears in Initial D:

http://stormpages.com/shiroclanclan/IDSVX/index.html

The SVX first appears in Wangan Midnight in episode 12, and has been in every episode since. I actually posted that same screenshot on Initial D World a few days ago, haha. It's really funny since FLATT Racing is a supplier of SVX parts in Japan.

All the DVDs will be out by October 24th of this year, then I'll probably update my website with images of the SVX from all the episodes of Wangan Midnight.

That's funny. Didn't know that SVX made that much appearance.

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 AM
I kill more trannies then god

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post

another is ex-driver, its a 6 series anime, look it up on wiki. also has a movie i believe. still waiting on an initial d stage 5...and waiting....and waiting...
arn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinedeath View Post
sorry, im actually an anime junkie.
i think its my only addiction, aside from constantly killing all the cars i own