How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

radio advice

I'd like to get a new radio/cd/mp3 player with iPod connector and satellite radio ready. Also will need the pocket kit and the 2 antenna extension cables.

I already ordered the wiring harness.

Any recommendations?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX94
... Also will need the pocket kit and the 2 antenna extension cables.
Unless the new radio has "diversity" (and that feature seemed to vanish from the market a few years ago) you'll only need one antenna extension cable.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but Crutchfield.com is always a good place to go "window shopping" to pick features and models you want. Incidentally, they'll throw in an antenna extension and pocket free with your order if you ask nicely.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Frank

Audiobahn!!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 AM

I am currently thinking of the same upgrade, new cd player. I've been thinking about a 7.5 touch screen cd/dvd/mp3, satellite ready, with gps nav and you can even get the ipod attachment if you want it. I think it would work since it just uses a double din and the gps gets mounted under the seat. The only thing holding me back is the money. This pakage is about $2000 canadian, and i should probably fix my car with that money instead of upgrading stuff. . . . But its soooooo tempting.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
from my research and trials. Pioneer decks and speakers give you the best performance without going into the reference class. The pioneer decks are expandable beyond belief. If i remember there are about a dozen or more add-ons to pioneer decks using the IP bus. They may be pricier than others, but well worth it. Their high end line Premier is jsut as good and better in some aspects. Speaker wise. I have a set of 6x9s in the rear deck, that are rated to 325 watts each. So, the speakers are beastly, and deliver a very very clean sound. Subs, on the other hand are not their stong point, they lack the travel to hit the really hard notes. Cardomain's audio shop is good for pricing and their reviews are good source of info. I have a premier deck in my car, i dropped 300$ on it, but its worth it, i can hook up everything directly to it, and controll everything from it. (ie add on a touch screen, dvd, ipod adapter, CD changer...) all can be controlled from one unit. That was my big choice for getting the more costly model.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust