How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-13-2005, 12:07 AM
KCROGUEDOG

battery lead wire

i need to find out a good spot to wire in my battery lead to the alpine screen i got. i got the red power and the yellow hooked together for now. it works all good but no memory it reset every start do to the yellow bat lead not continuois. cig lighter is that a hot wire to use all the time? if some one knows the color to that would help.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Nope, that's on the ACC circuit. If you're putting the screen in where the radio is, then just tap the B+ wire from the radio harness. I don't remember the color, but it's going to be the only one that measures 12V with the car off.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
cig lighter is that a hot wire to use all the time?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 AM
KCROGUEDOG

thats it i forgot to hook that up cool. its blue and red. i had to refer to the site for the install. i for some reason thought i had to find a hot wire. thanks for the info. when u moving out of kc again. im about to move in 1 month. to this day.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Don't know yet, I'm still working on the possibility of staying in the area. Moving is such a pain after you've accumulated furniture and other odds and ends.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
when u moving out of kc again. im about to move in 1 month. to this day.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
KCROGUEDOG

i got the wire hooked up and installed again. i found a feature on the screen that allows u to move the screen out farther from the dash. so i moved it in the top spot and it dont come out far enough to use the feature so i think i got to pull it out again. i will probly run it by a alpine dealer and ask if there is a way to move it out while still down instead of having it flip out all the way then scoot out. / yeah k movings a beach i hate it. i try to sell lots of stuff and start over every move. and the funny thing is u still have tons of shizznit. it looks small till u start loading it. but this time the military is packing us up and shipping the goods. plus u got to stay for this years cheifs season. the d they picked up is of the chain.