How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-07-2001, 05:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
OT But fun, RC cars re-visited.

I know I've posted these RC cars before but I didn't know you can get an F1 in this size. The Kyosho Mini-Z racers are real RC cars with full suspensions, differentials and the works. Loads of fun and you can play in the house or on a 4X8 sheet of plywood for that matter. With a 1ft turning radius and power to boot they are a real blast to drive.

I have probably 100' of Tyco slot car track that I occasionally break out for some racing with my wife. Lately, though, with a 1YO crawling/walking around its hard to image setting up that track and keeping all in one piece for more than a few minutes.

These cars are much more maneuverable (no slot, duh) and great fun to race. I just bought my wife the Blue Viper so we can race each other. I picked up an F1 body for show. My Impreza body is pretty beat from rollovers on the driveway.

Check it out.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXAVT2**&P=7

Jeff - NEVER grow up!

p.s. No I don't own stock in Kyosho, I just love toys.

Last edited by jscorse; 12-07-2001 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:17 PM
SVXDriver

Yup the Kyosho Mini-z's are cool. I am a huge RC guy and I run Tamiya cars. Good stuff. I still wish that they made tamtech's. Also I am thinking about getting an mini rs4, which is similar to the mini-z.

G.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:56 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I own a couple of Tamiya 1:10 scales as well. I have an old monster tuck and a Ford Focus WRC 4WD. Currently, it has a BMW Z3 cover. My brother is looking into making a SVX cover for that. We'll see...

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-10-2001, 04:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Kyosho

So G., do you know why Kyosho is not really advertising these things very well? I visited their web site and they don't even mention the new body types. Tower is already discontinuing several body types. Are these gonna flop? Who makes the Mini-rs4.

With kids and a busy life I rarely if every get to go out and fly my planes. The little car is great because I can fire it up anytime I get the 'urge'.

I've always wanted a little plane that I could fly around the house, but for now that is pure dreaming. Levatation is not a proven art yet. Those professors at MIT need to continue their work on micro/nano machines.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:21 AM
SVXDriver

I honestly don't know why kyosho is not advertising them well. I would imagine that these little cars would be selling really hot. I do know that Kyosho makes a ton of hop-up parts for the car.

The Micro-RS4 (sorry meant to say micro not mini, two different sizes) is made by HPI. It is 4wd and it had only a few body choices. My friend has one and it is really sweet. I would like to have one also. hehe

Having an SVX cover would be pretty cool also.

G.