How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
2 times 4

Red face problem engine dying

I've been reading alot of your similar problems with engine dying at any speed, any temp.
As I have posted before, I have the same problem and would like to share my progress.
Thanks to all the thinkers out there. It is time for me to try the MAF replace. I finally cleared
all codes myself with your help and got a solid 23 several times. It was running pretty well
after sitting for months so I kept taking it out to see if it would reacure. No problem for several
short trips then I got brave and went about 20 miles. Almost didn't get home!!! Checked the
codes again and got a solid 23. Also got an O2 sensor code but won't worry about that for now
because running so poorly could foul that I suspect. The reason I didn't attack the MAF right
off is because the last time this same problem came up my SUB. dealer had to impediance check
the coils one at a time to find #5 bad. No codes! Replaced it and it ran fine for a year or better.
Can't explain it it just was. This time I am finally convinced to go for the gusto and find a MAF.
Will let you know. Thanks again all for the great threads and blowup shots that were forwarded.
By the way, mine is a red 94 and I'd love it better if it'd love me back!!!!!