Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-12-2001, 07:56 PM
carpedick

...to the Sacramento Raceway. You interested black? How old r u guys btw?
Old 07-12-2001, 08:03 PM
KEVINL

16.4 is not bad for a stock SVX
Old 07-12-2001, 10:27 PM
Hitchhikin'

Ah, I'm one of them young'ns, carpe... Yourself?
Old 07-13-2001, 12:22 AM
carpedick

ah one of the youngins as well, just thought I'd check since whenever I seem to see a SVX around town it's always some old guy. =) Not that there's anything wrong with that =)
Old 07-13-2001, 01:29 AM
Hitchhikin'

Wow, I never see any one driving an SVX, much less an old guy ... So you haven't seen that reckless driver in the red SVX that seems like he's hellbent on killing himself? Well, the might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but....
Old 07-13-2001, 02:22 AM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
1/4 mile times

I average 16.3 to 16.4 @ 85-86mph. I race the entire season in two classes. Club Challenge with a 1st place win from last year and Import Survival series. This is my second year. In fact I have Import Survival later today and a Club Challenge race next Friday. I will post my results again and hopefully with another picture of a trophy! I really only get to run 2 gears as to I BARELY shift into third just before finishing the quarter. My 3rd gean shift poin is aboit 82 and I come across at 85. I am thinking about a pro fogger NOS system, but that wouldnt be till next season.
Oh... these times are on a stock SVX AWD with just a K&N drop in with 150K on the motor.

Chris

(Race pictures and stats can be viewed at http://www.idahoamc.org/racing.html)
Old 07-13-2001, 07:09 AM
kvnobrien

Atco Raceway

Eric and Ray ran a month or two ago at Atco Raceway. Each race they were really close. Both running 16.0 or 16.1 and hundreds of seconds between them. I believe the only mods they both had were resonator removal from the exhaust, K&N drop in and the air box removal.

I would like to say that these mods knocked .7 to .8 seconds off the 1/4 mile, but I can't. The weather was a major factor. When I raced Eric it was about 100 degrees and humid and sunny, not a good day for racing. When Eric raced with Ray, it was a much cooler night, around 50 degrees and dry.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:43 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by carpedick
ah one of the youngins as well, just thought I'd check since whenever I seem to see a SVX around town it's always some old guy. =) Not that there's anything wrong with that =)

Aredubjay <------- Stands with arms crossed, tapping foot with scowl on face.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-13-2001, 07:54 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Aredubjay <------- Stands with arms crossed, tapping foot with scowl on face.
Kinda funny how your perception of old changes as you age, eh Arebub? And I don't know about you, but having a heating pad and preparation H in the house was something I thought I'd never live to see. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the gout toe pills!

Last edited by eddycat2000; 07-13-2001 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:40 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Eeeeehhh?

Whadja say thar Eddy-boy? Ya needs to speak up a bit. We old-timers are a bit deef ya know....need new bat-trys in my Miracle Ear... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-13-2001, 08:50 AM
black-svx

Its the Sacramento Raceway (not speedway like I may have said before), it off of Highway 50 past Sacramento. If we are interested we might get something together. I'll fill you guys in so we can decide, but I am leaving soon so I can't promise to show. OK here goes

1st, you dont need to warm the tires before you run, and with street tires, its not even hardly necessary, usually its the really fast cars that do that. 2ndly, you will all want to go on a Wed night. Every Wed night at this place is the amateur night, and it is here where people test their cars out. They also have a little elimination round where they get a winner for the night too. Anyway, if you are running sub 14, you need a helmet, sub 12? you need a roll cage. Since we wont be running either, we can just get out there and go.

I have never actually raced either but its simple, and I can tell that there are lots of first timers out there on any given Wednesday. Wed Aug 8 looks like the best chance for me to go, starting at about 430 they run you to determine your handicap for the elimination round. Its nice cause at 430 its mostly newbies there anyway. Here is the link let me know if anyone wants to shoot for the 8th, I've got a new digital camera that I could get some high quality pics with. 6 bucks to watch, 6 bucks more to race, mostly musclecars and imports present

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/sacwednite.htm

Last edited by black-svx; 07-13-2001 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:13 AM
carpedick

Sounds good black, if reds up for it, maybe we can meet some weekend before then, drive around town and intimidate some civics and integras =)
Old 07-13-2001, 11:57 AM
black-svx

keep your eyes on the regional forum so we dont bore them all the details on this minor meet, if I dare even call it that. I may be gone BTW, for a week, not sure if I will have much internet access, so if I dont respond, that is why

-mat
Old 07-13-2001, 03:00 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Kinda funny how your perception of old changes as you age, eh Arebub? And I don't know about you, but having a heating pad and preparation H in the house was something I thought I'd never live to see. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the gout toe pills!

Do you use ointment or cream?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-13-2001, 04:13 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Do you use ointment or cream?
Actually, after the wonderful colonoscopy and hemmeroid surgery I went through, I haven't had to use either. But I think I still have a tube of ointment in the medicine cabinet. And yes, a couple of them words are probably speeled rong.