Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 11:00 AM
Lowered SVX

ok nvrmore.....

that is just f...ing crazy! 150+ jesus ok you are never driving my car at a meet.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-15-2001, 11:05 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
See the problem isn't 150mph....its the fact I can only get my bike going 159mph! I need a turbo.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:05 AM
Lowered SVX

hahahaha.....

you are nuts! what kind of bike do you ride?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-15-2001, 11:15 AM

A 2000 Honda CBR600F4.

I got some pics of it at my website if your interested:

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
Old 06-15-2001, 11:19 AM
Lowered SVX

wow......

nice bike, nice car, and nice girl.....you have got it all!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-15-2001, 11:22 AM

Smile

All except the damn money to replace my f***ing tranny in my SVX!!!!!

Grr.....

Old 06-15-2001, 02:41 PM
Lowered SVX

been there, done that at the tune of....

$2600, and let me tell you i was not happy about it. i just now, not even 30 minutes ago had my tranny cooler installed to hopefully delay the destruction of yet another tranny. i wish you luck on replacing your tranny.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-15-2001, 02:51 PM

Thumbs down

Was that from Subaru? I got quoted $3600 from my dealer...and phoned around the cheapest Subaru place I could get it done at was for the tune of $3480....crap!
Old 06-15-2001, 03:09 PM
Lowered SVX

yeah, sorry.....

i guess i got a better deal then i thought. well you know maybe down here in the south the cost of living is lower so that may account for the lowered cost.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-16-2001, 03:30 AM
Hitchhikin'

Vern: Funny, I used to live in Long Beach, but I never saw any other SVXs there. I did see a nice red one in Anaheim one night a long while ago though... No window tint, Subaru SVX badges on the sides.... I pulled up next to that car and gave him a thumbs up.

But where the heck can you pull that kinda speed in Long Beach... are you talking about the streets, or the highway? I've been paranoid about getting ticketed since that 116 mph citation.... 2 points for "speeding above 100 mph". Basically it's considered reckless driving. But "speed competition"... now that's 3 points. I'm fortunate to have never found that out by experience, but my friend did. The guy just raced his friend in an empty parking lot. Cop was off to the side, just watching them. He ticketed them immediately. pulled 60 mph in a 10 mph zone.

My own incident happened on I-5, near Avenal, in the middle of nowhere. I was heading home from Long Beach to Sacramento for the Christmas holidays. Huge 18-wheelers took up all of the slow lane (2 lane freeway), and I was in the fast lane. Then I notice this car/truck swerving erratically behind me. I was pulling about 80 at that time. I thought it was a truck, because the headlights seemed a little high. Anyways, I hit the gas to get past the 18-wheelers. At 116 the car behind me was off in the distance. Then I saw red lights flashing. That was the night from hell. I had to pay a $1000 fine, with an annoying drive at 5:30 in the morning just to drive down to the court, which was 2-3 hours from Sac. And my insurance skyrocketed, so much that I am now looking for another insurance carrier, since my insurance skyrocketed over $3000/ 6mos.

I've got 3 points on my license right now. That, and my problems with my carbon fiber hood, have helped keep me to a more reasonable speed. But I still love sheer acceleration from a dead stop. And I still miss for the days when I could innocently cruise above 100 mph without even thinking about the consequences.

All I know is that the SVX is a g**damn cop magnet. the first point out of three I got came 2 days after I got my SVX. All I can say is "I LOVE COPS, AND THEY LOVE ME!" *groan*

nvrmore100: There's nitrous kits for bikes, right? a 40 shot should be more than enough.

Last edited by Aredubjay; 06-16-2001 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2001, 11:06 AM

<<But "speed competition"... now that's 3 points.>>

Only 3 points!!!!! Damn your lucky! My last ticket, which I reverely kissed some cop A$$ to get reduced was still worth 6 (92mph in a 55mph zone). I was orginally going to get a speed contest ticket, cause I was spanking this rice ride Integra (in my Sunfire), at the time. Speed contest is worth an automatic 12 points. Problem is you only get a maximum of 11 points in Colorado in one year....hmm that means you lose you license!!!!!

NOS on my bike....hmm maybe. I would still love to go turbo on it. I met a guy last week at one of our local drag strips with a turbo R1. The rest of his bike was BONE stock, not even a pipe. Normally his bike will run like a 10.8s if he gets a good launch. He was launching terribly and still pulling a bunch of 9.1's 9.2's!!! He was telling me he was getting up to 183mph before he backed down (to scared to go faster), but he still had another 3000 worth of RPM's.

But who knows...that fast on a bike is weird feeling. If you look down beside you on the road...you notice that the lines seem to melt together...and the pavement starts looking like glass. It's pretty cool!
Old 06-17-2001, 05:07 AM
Hitchhikin'

<<Problem is you only get a maximum of 11 points in Colorado in one year....hmm that means you lose you license!!!!!>>

And that makes all the difference. Here in California, it's 4 points within 12 months, and you'll get your license revoked. So, basically, it's pretty close. I'm still waiting for the day where I can sigh with relief and not worry that not stopping for an extra half second at a stop sign will cost me my license. I believe the day is 6/22 Then I get one extra point to work with. Of course, if I get another point, I still lose my car in a way, because there won't be any way for me to afford the car insurance.

But bikes are very nice indeed. I know my friend used to cruise at 160-170 mph on the highways late at night. And I don't really think he had much riding experience.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:14 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92
I'm still waiting for the day where I can sigh with relief and not worry that not stopping for an extra half second at a stop sign will cost me my license.
Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to obey the traffic laws?
I must admit your discussions on the subject are intriguing though, I've only gotten one ticket in my life and that was many years ago, and as a first offense it didn't go on my record. So the whole point thing is a new concept to me.
Old 06-17-2001, 06:59 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Speed Freek

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
Can't say I've ever got my SVX up that fast...but I can tell none of you ride sportbikes. I regularily hit 150mph+ just riding to work some mornings.

PS - Yes I am an idiot at heart!
Hey nvrmore 100,

Even in Colorado, that is probably against the law. Well, the spirit of it anyway.

Know what you mean. I have just sold my Honda VFR 750 last month. My wife helped me to advertise it. At 100, you can feel it is really is 100, and you have still got 3, maybe 4 gears to go.

The more capable the machine, car or bike, the easier it is to push into three figure territory. Particularly if you are confident of the brakes. I had a small Renault, an R5 GT Turbo, and I regularly had it at 125-130 on the clock, but I am convinced most clocks are optimistic.

Take care going to work

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 06-17-2001, 09:37 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Quote the raven...

<wow......
nice bike, nice car, and nice girl.....you have got it all! >

WOW, nice bike, nice car, nice girl......

...wait a minute...is there an echo in here? here? here?

P.S. Slow down! You are a very fortunate guy;it looks like you have a lot to live for....
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"