Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Are we all going to meet up again this year?

Following the meeting at Gosford this year I have noticed that the Pistonheads meet may happen again in September at the Museum and was just wondering if anyone was up for a repeat.
I'm going to Japfest this year but going in my RX7 so if anyone else is going I'll be at the HJC stand at Japfest or possibly going round the track again this year, so if anyone is going to Japfest come over and say hello I'll be the guy with a hot looking black RX7 with the number plate that reads Hi RX7
Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Re: Are we all going to meet up again this year?

Tell me, how do you get Hi RX7? And although I may have unscrewed the Bells a bit too often tonight wasn't it 'C'osford? Be happy to show up this time myself all being well. Put you up if you like - see if Joe can be outsnored!
Actually, that's rich coming from me...
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 AM

Your right it is Cosford although for some reason I keep calling it Gosford and obviously spelling it that way too. The number plate on my RX7 is actually H1 RXT but some kids in my road keep smudging the T which makes it look like a 7 officer and if I catch them i'll kick their butt. The number plate RX 7 was on the market a while ago and despite my attempt to buy it it was provisionally sold for £12K which was more than double what I was prepared to pay so I'm sticking to mine for now. Thanks for the offer to put me up but I really liked that ancient monument of a hotel I stayed at last time so would like to stay there again, so if this does come about we could all meet there on the Saturday night for a meal and chat as we did last time.

Last edited by DJW svx; 02-10-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:04 AM

Registered SVX

I did very few miles in the 'bus' last year, so I promised myself it would get 'what for' this year.

If any dates can be established early on, it would help me in getting some accommodation pre booked.

Just to show some sort of commitment, I can put down a £10 deposit

John

the older I get, the faster I was
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji View Post
I did very few miles in the 'bus' last year, so I promised myself it would get 'what for' this year.

If any dates can be established early on, it would help me in getting some accommodation pre booked.

Just to show some sort of commitment, I can put down a £10 deposit

John
If we do meet at Cosford (correct spelling this time Steve I hope you noticed) then I can strongly recommend the Hotel I stayed at, its like an ancient monument but the whole place including the food was 4 star I thought I'd kept the details of it but seem to have lost them so I'll do a search and post the details up soon. It was really nice to meet up with everyone last year so its got to be worth it again.
Just found it its the Madeley Court Hotel a 16th century building single rooms with an enormous breakfast £133 per night.

Last edited by DJW svx; 02-15-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Registered SVX

looking at the Cosford web site, Sunday July 10th and Sunday September 25th are the two last dates for 2011.

My preference would be for July 10th, hopefully better weather and lighter nights. Scotland tends to start freezing up by the end of August

The Madeley Court has single rooms with breakfast for £66 a night, must have been some size o' breakfast for £133?

Looks a nice place to stay though and would be fine for me, and is exactly the type of establishment the SVX was intended for!

John

Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Joe organised the last one so I guess we should start by checking with him. I will be staying at Madely Court again, better double check the price again though.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Actually, the £133 option included some sexytime with a waitress of your choice. I only discovered this when you took Joe upstairs to show him your room. Not wishing to be too forward, as we all only just met, I took a credit note and went back in the week. Thankfully, I was allocated an extremely athletic girl, with extensive bareback horse riding experience. Combined with only 2 inhalers I had a wonderful time.
Guilt means I will have to brass you up with the difference in room cost this year, Dave....
Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 AM

Do you know Steve that was so eloquently put that it has imprinted a clear graphic image in my mind which will probably be indelibly stored in my psyche forever. P.S. if you can remember her name I'll make sure I book her for this visit!

Last edited by DJW svx; 02-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

What were you guys on?

Clearest memory for me is the Eaton Mess dessert [should I say pudding when chatting to Englishmen?] and the waitresses were of the rustic and sturdy variety. No athletic ones in sight.

And Steve, if you really only used two inhalers I'm guessing an upstairs room was not in the package. That was a 1 and a half inhaler stairs. On its own!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 AM

No its dessert Joe, do you think its worth trying to organise a meet again?
Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Oh, I think it's a great idea David, something to look forward to.

But don't stand on ceremony waiting for me to pull it all together. There is no pecking order. I'm very happy to turn up if something is organised by the group. It is a great part of the club ethos, to be able to meet old friends and gain new ones.

Cosford I feel is a good median venue. It is within striking distance for people North and South, plus the actual location has the Museum, the existing car show and the restaurant on site. I'd be very happy to go there again if that suits the majority.

This year I am more busy at work so I have less time to be on the Network doing the organising. However, as opposed to that I may be able to give myself the luxury of turning up at more than one show, so that's a bonus.

It's best to kick the ideas round this early in the year so we know what's on offer. If people mentally commit to coming a particular weekend then that is more than half the battle of ensuring a few cars make the event.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Just to check again was it the Pistonheads guys who you organised it through last year or as mentioned earlier perhaps the July 10th date would better suit everyone.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW svx View Post
Just to check again was it the Pistonheads guys who you organised it through last year or as mentioned earlier perhaps the July 10th date would better suit everyone.
Last year we made an application to the Midlands Breakfast Club who are based at Cosford.

I'm not certain if they have any connection with Pistonheads. Maybe they do, but if so, I'm unaware what that connection may be. They have two dates listed for this year, July 10th and September 24th. Either date would do if they suited everybody, however the earlier July 10th date could fall foul of a lot of people taking their children away abroad on holidays, that's sometimes an issue.

For that reason we picked the later September date last year, reasoning that all the summer holiday mullarkey would be well and truly out of the way. There was a decent turnout, but it is hard to say if that was because of being later in the year, or because it was primarily only for an extended Sunday morning. Most other Japanese car shows that we have organised have been from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. Although those shows allow people to turn up either on Saturday or on Sunday as suits, in practice, for the last few years people were actually staying away.

My own personal feeling is we should go for Cosford again this year, either July or September. If some people would like a longer event because they are traveling a goodly distance, then could I suggest we organise our own drive-out event somewhere local on the Saturday afternoon, agree to meet up for a meal on Saturday evening [Madely Court would be very suitable] and head early for the Breakfast Show on Sunday morning?

The show finishes early enough, so that lets people away if they have long journeys to travel home. Personally I would opt for September over July. Steve and I already have a bike trip to Scotland organised for late July, but I will go along with majority opinion if most prefer July.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Registered SVX

As I mentioned before July 10th is good for me and I can commit as far as booking the hotel, my only draw back would be if the weather was to be really bad but that I'm sure goes without saying.

I would prefer to pass the buck on organising it though and offer it up to someone who has already been or knows the protocol.

Would be good to meet up with friends old and new, and I can say with conviction to all those who look in on the forum or have just bough an SVX, it's a grand day out meeting SVX'ers......it's not all Tea and Cucumber sandwiches

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: