Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-21-2002, 03:39 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

On a slightly different note, I pulled up next to a car at the stoplight the other day. It looked sorta like one of those newer Caddy's... low-slung, long, thin, kinda square-ish..... It was painted sort of a golden-white, had a black top (could've been droptop of just soft-top) and wore a "pininfarina" badge on the front quarter-panel. It was pretty nice, but I really have no idea what the hell it was.. anyone?

The only Caddy that I'm aware of with a pininfarina badge would be the Allante'. They were made from like 87 to 93 I think. A friend of mine owns one. They are pretty sweet cars. They were all convertibles and had optional hardtops. Although I must say, they had some of the hardest seats I've ever sat on in any vehicle. The bodies were made overseas and then shipped to Detroit where the assembly was completed.

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 08-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ca$h
I didn't notice I had any damns, craps, or any other type of PG 13 language in my response. I posted an informative post without ANY use of such language, so I don't see what you are talking about.

- Ca$h
I suggest you re-read your posts . . . both in this thread and others. You can't be that blind.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Ca$h

I suggest you re-read my posts:

Same chassis, different interior, different drivetrain, different fascia, different brakes, etc etc etc.

- Ca$h

K, neither of those last two posts are true.

Nissan Silvias look SIMILAR to 240sxs, but they are DIFFERENT. The main difference is that Silvias have POWER. They are quite potent, and they have a different interior, different front fascia, different brakes. PERIOD. Quit arguing.

And the Civic Type R is basically a factory backed hopped up CIVIC, but it is not and has NEVER been available in the states. A few Civic Type Rs made it to canada, but other than that they've never been here. An integra and a civic are completely and totally different platforms.

- Ca$h

Sorry. Don't mean to 'stir things up'. But they are completely untrue. A silvia has in much in common with a 240sx as a grandam has with an alero. Yes, same chassis, but differetn front fascia, different drivetrains, different interior.
Secondly, the civic= integra comment was just completely wrong.

Just trying to stop mis-information.

- Ca$h
Old 08-21-2002, 04:32 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Ca$h: Not according to the "fast and the furious" retards.
Hell, they even think they have civic type Rs.

That's not PG13. If you won't say it in front of a phantom 12 year old little brother, that it's not PG13.

Ca$h: What the hell is your problem Kelli?

Again, That's not PG13.

Ca$h, in another thread: Lame patriotic BS.

It's the attitude that you carry into the posts you make that is offending to most. For every action, there's a reaction. If you bring in the know-it-all-I'm-God-Almighty-and-you're-wrong attitude, you'll get a hostile response in return. There are a million ways to say the same thing, some are positive, and some are negative. You choose your way, and you'll get a deserving response/reaction.

And don't bother disagreeing about your attitude. Attitude is not point-of-view. Attitude stems from your words and actions, and is for others to see and judge. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant; to everyone else on this board you do have an attitude, and that is what matters.

G'day.

VK

Last edited by vkykam; 08-21-2002 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:23 AM

Opel Calibra!

this one is a "hot" thread, but I want to go back to similarities to the svx.
I have found pics of the Opel Calibra which is used alot in Austria and Germany.

Do you have the same car in the US, or is it named otherwise?

Here are some pics.

I like the sporty line of that car and sometimes at night if a calibra passes me on the other side of the road I think for a short moment it is a SVX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calibra1.jpg (14.3 KB, 131 views)
Old 08-22-2002, 02:27 AM

Talking Calibra

I am here now for nearly 1/2 year, but I am still an "forum-idiot"
How can I post two or more pics in one thread?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calibra2.jpg (15.2 KB, 130 views)
Old 08-22-2002, 08:35 AM
alacrity024

A few things:

First of all, thanks Bob for the tip on the Allante. I've always liked those "lean & hungry" caddies, and will likely buy one when my age and wallet deem it necessary.

Secondly, thanks for the tip on the Silvia/SX connection. As unpatriotic as it sounds, there are many times when I wish I didn't live in America so I could have access to cooler cars (Skyline GT*R, older WRX's, the new NSX-R, etc.).

Thirdly, I'm going to have to concur with Mike by saying that I have NEVER seen a factory-badged "Civic Type R" within the lower 48. To the best of my knowledge, we've only had Si's, while Canada gets Si's and Type R's.

Outside of the good old US of A, Acura does NOT exist (except maybe in Canada.. I'm not sure). An NSX in Japan wears a Honda badge on its nose and is called the Honda NSX. Whether or not what we have known for the past fifteen years as the "Integra" is known overseas as the "Civic" is beyond me, but I do know for a fact that what we now call the "Acura RSX" is referred to in its native land as the "Honda Integra"

And on a final note Randy, my name is Adam. NOT Alan. We've had this discussion before

-Adam
Old 08-22-2002, 08:45 AM
The Road Less Traveled

I don't recall seeing any factory Civic Type R's up here. Then again, I'm no Honduh fan.

With the badge Acura, they do exist in Canada. We even get an Acura EL, which is basically a Civic with leather and goodies.

VK
Eh!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:56 AM

Lightbulb Integra

@alacrity

you are right.
In europe it's called Honda Integra Type R.
A friend of mine has got one. His one is a very special one, exists only one time in Austria.
All in all there are about 25 Integras here.
So you have got alot of Acura Integra in the US, right?
He has done alot of mods.
Maybe I can get some pics soon.
Honda Civics are rice-cars in Austria like the VW Golf.

mfg hrc
Old 08-22-2002, 09:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

And on a final note Randy, my name is Adam. NOT Alan. We've had this discussion before

-Adam
I, know, Alam. I didn't mean to call you Adan. I was having an alacratous moment. The names are so similar, and the keys are so close together on the keyboard. Please forgive me, ADAM.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Ca$h

That's not PG13. If you won't say it in front of a phantom 12 year old little brother, that it's not PG13.

Bart Simpson says "hell". 12yr olds watch the simpsons. "Hell" is fine.

Again, That's not PG13.

Again, that IS pg-13. "Hell" is probably even used in PG movies these days.

It's the attitude that you carry into the posts you make that is offending to most. For every action, there's a reaction. If you bring in the know-it-all-I'm-God-Almighty-and-you're-wrong attitude, you'll get a hostile response in return. There are a million ways to say the same thing, some are positive, and some are negative. You choose your way, and you'll get a deserving response/reaction.

Did I tell anyone else they were wrong? Did I say I know it all? No. I read that chain letter and said exactly what I thought. Its that quasi-patriotic crap that does NOTHING to help our country that annoys the hell outta me. How about instead of turning on our lights (and wasting energy and fuel) we all be nice to 5 people that day? Or spend 10 minutes picking up litter? Or help someone in need? Or something PRODUCTIVE. But putting your headlights on doesn't do anything.

And don't bother disagreeing about your attitude. Attitude is not point-of-view. Attitude stems from your words and actions, and is for others to see and judge. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant; to everyone else on this board you do have an attitude, and that is what matters.

You can definitely have an opinion of me, which is what you are talking about. Go ahead. I don't mean harm though, if you wish to view me as someone with 'a problem' or something, that's your right.

- Ca$h
Old 08-22-2002, 09:17 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

Bart Simpson says "hell". 12yr olds watch the simpsons. "Hell" is fine.

Oh, that explains it. With Bart Simson as a role model, I'm sure we can expect many more mature responses.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 AM
The Road Less Traveled

You know, if you said that along with "Lame Patriotic BS", maybe people would actually understand you. Like I said, it's often not what you say, it's how you say it.

Quote:
Did I tell anyone else they were wrong? Did I say I know it all? No. I read that chain letter and said exactly what I thought. Its that quasi-patriotic crap that does NOTHING to help our country that annoys the hell outta me. How about instead of turning on our lights (and wasting energy and fuel) we all be nice to 5 people that day? Or spend 10 minutes picking up litter? Or help someone in need? Or something PRODUCTIVE. But putting your headlights on doesn't do anything.
A child abusing father doesn't MEAN harm either. A drunk driver doesn't MEAN to kill another driver.

Quote:
... I don't mean harm though ...
VK
Old 08-22-2002, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Oh, that explains it. With Bart Simson as a role model, I'm sure we can expect many more mature responses.

Thanks for clearing that up.

LMAO!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:33 AM
The Road Less Traveled

This belongs in the other thread, but I'll post it here instead...
Quote:
But putting your headlights on doesn't do anything.
Sure it does. It's called SYMBOLISM. I guess by your reasoning, that an American Flag does nothing either, since it only a piece of fabric that flops in the air, potentially causing a visual obstruction. And please run out and peel off that American Flag sticker or whatever it is that you have on your bumper, since it does nothing either.

Honestly, I think this is the time when I admire CopsodyX for his admission in the Wahoo days. It may not mean much coming from someone not THAT much older than you, but Joe, I admire your courage, and you should be proud of yourself.

VK