Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Hm. Seeing the face makes it seem a bit more tragic.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM

Re: Semi vs Smart Car (Warning!!! Graphic Images!)

I wonder which driver was trying to pass on that two lane road? Those pictures should be shown to new drivers and anyone else who thinks trying to save a few seconds is worth paying the ultimate price with your life. This is a tragic waste of a good life.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 PM

smart cars = death
Old 04-23-2009, 05:24 AM

I wonder how those who deride the crashworthiness of micro-cars feel about motorcycles.

Of course, the idea of using graphic crash images to instill caution (read: fear) in drivers is nothing new. I'm sure many here watched low-budget "Death on the Highway" films in high school driver's training. I vividly recall images of a guy (drunk?) who went careening across a recently-logged clearing, fell partway out the door, and was crushed when the door hit a stump. Then there was a young truck driver who packed his rig hard into a creek bank, sending the load of pipe through the cab. And so on. And my friends and I chuckled rolled our eyes and drove like idiots anyway.

None of us like to admit just how dangerous driving can be. We—all of us—cope with the risk by deluding ourselves about how competent, careful, and accomplished we are behind the wheel.

dcb
Old 04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Certified Porschephile

I've seen worse first hand. Had a nice decapitation a few years back. You can't engineer mass out of a collision, the bigger one ALWAYS wins.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

At least he died quickly, had it been a Ford Excursion he would've likely died that slow agonizing death that no one wants.

Seriously against a semi head on at highway speeds no car has much of a chance. Small cars do just fine against other small cars. Real world solution is simple. Get the trucks of the highway and invest in rail system for shipping goods. No it won't be an end all for trucks out there but will take it down to a quarter of the trucks currently used. Then that Soccer mom (or Jay) doesn't have the need to drive around in a 3.5 ton truck for "safety" reasons, our air will be a little happier with less pollution in it, the roads will be much easier to maintain esp. on those truck routes and of course only what 3.5 million truckers and others who rely on the industry will be left out in the cold. I'm sure the railroad can pick up some of 'em.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
At least he died quickly, had it been a Ford Excursion he would've likely died that slow agonizing death that no one wants.

Seriously against a semi head on at highway speeds no car has much of a chance. Small cars do just fine against other small cars. Real world solution is simple. Get the trucks of the highway and invest in rail system for shipping goods. No it won't be an end all for trucks out there but will take it down to a quarter of the trucks currently used. Then that Soccer mom (or Jay) doesn't have the need to drive around in a 3.5 ton truck for "safety" reasons, our air will be a little happier with less pollution in it, the roads will be much easier to maintain esp. on those truck routes and of course only what 3.5 million truckers and others who rely on the industry will be left out in the cold. I'm sure the railroad can pick up some of 'em.
I have to say...

I agree with Ben on this one.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm surprised the car did as much damange to the semi as it did. Poor guy in the car though
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:

I caught the shot at Jay with the Excursion comment!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

Hey... it's a 4.5 ton truck. 9200lbs. I dont' drive it for "safety" reasons. I drive it because I picked up a 6 piece queen size bedroom set the other day, in one trip. I picked up a 3 person couch and 2 person love seat, in one trip. I hauled a large canopy, 2 coolers, 2 boxes of svx parts, my luggage, and my 2 kids, and 3 cases of beer, in one trip. I had room to spare on that one though.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Hey... it's a 4.5 ton truck. 9200lbs. I dont' drive it for "safety" reasons. I drive it because I picked up a 6 piece queen size bedroom set the other day, in one trip. I picked up a 3 person couch and 2 person love seat, in one trip. I hauled a large canopy, 2 coolers, 2 boxes of svx parts, my luggage, and my 2 kids, and 3 cases of beer, in one trip. I had room to spare on that one though.
You're not helping that Soccer mom image with this. Well maybe, you had some beer but I can fit 2 cases on mike 200lbs bike
LOL
Old 04-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

IIRC, the BH Legacy wagon can hold 34 cases, per Car and Driver.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
IIRC, the BH Legacy wagon can hold 34 cases, per Car and Driver.
yeah man you need a legacy....you sure don't need to have that tree killer polution maker man...you're going to kill the trees that I hug (spoken like a hippy)

I got to say...I did look at Jay's Excursion at the Reading meet...damn that is riding first class!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:

Wow, Ben. I totally agree with you. How about that!
2001 Audi S8
Old 04-24-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Wow, Ben. I totally agree with you. How about that!
Alright enough is enough. When Lee agrees with me I'm out of hear. Bill is bad enough but this is getting out of hand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: