IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Sound system recconmendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I wish I knew of a good company like NHT, but for cars. A company that doesn't do a lot of flashy stuff, not a lot of marketing hype, but makes good simple stuff, that performs well above it's price point. But unfortunately NHT itself went out of business a few months back...
Cadence fits this description to a T. Very well regarded, excellent bang-for-the-buck equipment (amps and speakers), reliant almost 100% on word-of-mouth advertising and reputation in the car audio community. Their CWM-6KIT 6.5 component set can be found everywhere for $79 or thereabouts, and is an excellent set for the price.

CDT makes excellent components for the price point as well. My SVX is getting CDT HD-62 comps and CL-69X coaxials as soon as I get around to finishing up the baffles for the doors and installing them... I still have to figure out the amp situation though. I was going to run without the rears, but decided to put them in anyway.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM

Registered SVX

I've got some CDT ES-07 braxials that will be going into the doors on my SVX someday. I'm hoping I can get away with that, but if imaging isn't up to par because of legs in the way and such there is always the upstage kit.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughSilver92 View Post
I've got some CDT ES-07 braxials that will be going into the doors on my SVX someday. I'm hoping I can get away with that, but if imaging isn't up to par because of legs in the way and such there is always the upstage kit.
I worried a bit about imaging as well...I don't have the braxial kit, but I made baffles that are slightly wedge shaped, with the woofers angling up and back, so they point at your ears. I couldn't angle them too much though, due to the depth of the drivers (2.75") and the clearance behind the panel. Tweeters are going in stock locations for starters - I'll have to see how I like it, and adjust the positioning as necessary.

I still haven't figured out a location for the crossovers yet.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:49 PM

Registered SVX

I'm going tho ditch the crossovers and go active. Hard decision because the cdt crossovers are some of the better crossovers out there, but it will eliminate the problem of finding a place for them. If I was using them, though, I think I would stash them back by the amp. The downside is you would have to run more wire, but unless you're using pretty exotic wire, that's not too much of a big deal.