IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
...cant we alll just get along?!?! lol

Basicly, I think people are just upet because you um...how do I say this nicely.. you just have alot of bad ideas, and you really dont treat your car with respect, as far as matinence and not rally-ing goes
It goes beyond that as you don't listen to logic or reason when someone tries to explain why its a bad idea. I don't mean to get down on you like that but it seems thats the only time when you will listen

Tom
Old 01-30-2008, 11:32 PM
i can make it on my oooowwwnn!

i had a couple cherry bombs for exhaust when i got the car. i really liked the sound, it reminded me of a formula car...LOUD, had it on for like 6 years but i couldn't take the droneing noise for long trips anymore and it physically made my wife sick(headaches/nausea) so i've taken that off and went back to oem. it was fun . i gotta say it really sounds better in person though. with the lights, i've always been a fan of the red on red but those could work with some black wheels? trunk? roof? something to match. enjoy your new formula svx
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 PM

ok, how about when i came to this site, i had a thread about n/a but intercooled, hella people there gave me crap and im un-educated in this stuff and poeple would rather call me dumbass and not tell me stuff repsectfuly, whats so bad about rallying it, if it breaks ill fix it and if i wrap it around a tree, more parts for you guys, its a subaru... its not like people freak out if an sti goes off road, though they arnt as rare.. i dont know, im just pissed off cuzz of assholes here, theres only few people here who havent given me sh&*

and i think since u guys say my ideas are bad and i dont listen to what you guys are tellnig me, i just wont come here anymore cuzz it just doesnt work out for me... =[

And tom, i saw your post of some reasons,
1. the only reason the at oil temp came on was because oil was bad, changed it and now it hasnt done it since
2. yeh though i led you guys to believe i was selling it, i really did myself belive i had to let it go...
3. Im telling you that where i live, the cops dont care about my lights, when i get pulled over, the cops are pricks and they gave me a ticket for no good reason cuzz i had a passenger and he searched my car for things wrong to also give me a ticket for and he didnt find anything...

Last edited by cruisen_15; 01-30-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Maniac modifier

Yes if it breaks, it can be fixed, but if you wrap it around a tree, what is going to fix you?? You don't need to jump into this full throttle, sit back for a bit, get it running right, tinker, do things you need to do to learn how the car works and why it works that way. Then you start to KNOW what needs to be done to make it a little better. Ideas are powerful agents and when you let them consume your reasoning, then you will be the loser in the long run. Make sure you really think out not only your next step but the next 6 after that... Its like Chess, only not so nerdy (yes I used to play chess)

Tom
Old 01-30-2008, 11:48 PM

holy crap....... that was so understanding, why couldnt you say something more liek that? i know uve said small parts of that right there but i understand now but i dont understand the part where giving me crap came in
Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Just my opinion, but the smoke(?) makes the rear just a little bit boring to look at.
Do whatever you want with the exhaust.

I highly recommend the "sit back for a while and take things slow" approach, because that's not what I did, and look what I'm doing, replacing the transmission for the second time in 20k miles.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
holy crap....... that was so understanding, why couldnt you say something more liek that? i know uve said small parts of that right there but i understand now but i dont understand the part where giving me crap came in
Because thats what most people started doing but you had no ears for it. Then again, soem people had the torche ready

Tom
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
who the hell cares if i smoke my tail lights, you think im discracing the svx huh? its my car so if you dont like what i do to it, then ignore it... its just a car man, it might seem like my car has lots of rigging done to it but it doesnt....
I mean you posted it so you wanted opinions on it and you got negative feed back instead of the positive feedback. You have just posted that you had a run in with a mall cop and damaged your front end right? Did you get all that repaired? I don't think trying new stuff is bad but don't get angry with everyone if they don't like seeing a car they have come to love getting beat up. Don't get discouraged just slow down with the car, its a delicate machine. Do any mod you want to the car just don't expect positive feedback about it. I mean not everyone will like it.

Like other people said slow down and think ahead some. Don't get so defensive so quick most people speak of some sort of experience here. I am not trying to piss you off or anything with this post just want you to understand why other people aren't too encouraging.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 01-31-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Discussing this while adding a small ammount of amusement to my day, has just gained you people a bunch of heart ache. Just sit back and relax. Let people do to their cars what they wish. lets face it, This guys car is worth maybe what, 1.5k? 2k? Its not that rare, if you know where to look. and the svx is certainly accessable.

So don't get so worked up over it.

If you dont have something nice to say, don't say it at all.

'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to MAXSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan View Post

...Just sit back and relax...
So don't get so worked up over it.
If you dont have something nice to say, don't say it at all.
Well said. I mean guys, i'm almost offended for cruisen_15. Every group has to have someone who wants to mod it far differently then what you would ever do. I congratulate cruisen_15 for taking criticism as well (sort of) as he has. You're treating him like a whipping boy! Don't think for one second that others on this forum haven't thought to do the same thing to their cars. I mean even YourConfused said he liked the idea, thus meaning maybe others do, and others would. Maybe they would but they sure aren't going to post about it with some pride like Cruisen did.... I just feel that those who have acted as the proverbial guinea pig with mods have to for a second where he's coming from, in doing what He wanted, to HIS car.
No amount of internet text can make him undo what he's personally accomplished. I must say it is definitely not my taste, nor would it ever be, but have fun making Your car yours. Hell if (big if) I wanted to put yellow racing stripes to make my car a little more HRC after it's all blue (one day), I wouldn't let ANYONE discourage me, not even you know who. It all comes down to the amount of pride one has in his/her own decision.
Besides, don't [allow others to] discourage him to be a part of this group due to opinionated people. (chose which applies to you: with/without bracketed text)
If it is the case that you're going to Reading, cruisen_15, you might want to take a different car if you don't want to be further ridiculed, snickered, or ignored. People are weird like that...
"Multicolored Mod", Optima Battery, Urethane F&R Sway bar Bushings, RaceConcepts X-Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Performance Pads, and SS Lines, Rebuilt Calipers, Toyo Proxes4, Pioneer HU, MB Quart Discus F&R Speakers, Silla Rad, 100W Foglight conversion, OEM Sunroof Deflector - Serviced by 'All We'll Drive'

Last edited by MAXSVX; 01-31-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
OK, I REALLY thought I would like the tail lights... 'till I saw them.

Too much tint perhaps? The black is a little overkill - but I do think our lights, especially on the red cars, look super hot slightly tinted... I am trying to think where I saw a picture of it...

Maybe lower the tint a little by taking some acetone/paint stripper to them? I would guess that would curb some of the haters a bit at least...

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
1) Posting pictures or sound clips or video clips or mod lists or... whatever will get you mixed results. If you ask for opinions, you will get them.

B) If you have an innovative concept, then that's great! If the conversation goes like this, though, you may wish to reconsider:

A: "I'm going to jump on this trampoline, and it will take me to the moon!"
B: "Other people have tried it; it won't work."
A: "But it might work this time!"
B: "It's a mathematical impossibility. It won't work."
A: "Wait... maybe it will work with this other trampoline!"
B: "Look, f=ma, gravity, distance, stuff. There's all the information you need to find out why it won't work."
A: "But I think it will work!"
B: "Save your money."
A: "I just bought another, different trampoline. I'm bolting it together right now."

And third, selective hearing is not good social practice. If you get good feedback in opinions or support on projects, you're hearing what you like - good. If you get criticism in that people don't appreciate your project's aesthetics, that it may actually be illegal, or that it simply will not work, then you have to hear and consider that, as well.

Applauded and criticized? Yes, and fairly and deservedly so. "Whipping boy"? Not so much.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Link

Edit--While looking at these less than successful mods, either functionally or aesthetically--did anyone else notice the related youtube posting??

I thought it was interesting, but wonder if it might have useful applications for some of the motor build experts on here. It would be interesting to find out what other mods were applied on this engine. I realize it is for an offroad vehicle, but some should be onroad applicable.

Just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhGu0...eature=related

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 01-31-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:34 PM

I think the main problem here is that people don't give constructive criticism in a more friendly manner. I'm not gonna quote anyone to call them out, but its more

"Looks ugly y u do dat??!?" vs

"It's not my taste, perhaps too dark of a tint"

which would you prefer to hear? ive seen many of the first type of comment on this site but havent called anyone out on it since if they commented like that to begin with I felt that criticisizing them would just lead to them saying "stfu bla bla bla i say what i want" etc etc. It is true that you can say what you want but it doesn't hurt saying it in a more dignified manner, you can still get your point across....
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
this car show would be appropriate for you

Nasioc linky

Tom

You've just blown my mind. That thread is like an episode of the Twilight Zone!

-MB