Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 05:46 AM

I would like to go but doesn't look like I will be able to. My work causes me to travel off and on so starting next week I have a trip to Arizona, then another to Michigan and then a few months in Suriname South America that will probably take me into the fall time frame. Perhaps after that I will make it to one of these meets, but I am a little disappointed I won't be able to work on the car for the whole summer. Guess I will just have to order parts on line and stock pile everything up for when I get home...

Thanks for mentioning it though I probably would not have noticed.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 AM

Thumbs up Update

Ok, I took everyones advice and suggestions but still didn't see any real cause for the no power steering at idle and low RPM. I purchased a power steering pump from Advance Auto (of course the cheaper priced one was out of stock). So two days later I picked it up. Cant say I liked the quality of the part I got, nothing is wrong with it mechanically really just was painted with this black stuff that would rub off or chemically wipes off easy. The threads in one of the mounting holes were jacked up so I re-tapped it and ended up buying stainless bolts to replace the stock 3 mounting bolts. The biggest Pain in the @** was the pressure switch banjo type fitting that goes on the supply line. I think it would normally need to be pressed using a mechanical press, which I didn't have. Other than that and the fact it was like 14 degrees F on the day I was doing it outside in high winds, it probably contributed to why the steering oil pressure switch wires broke off the sensor. So I currently don't have it connected up but believe it or not the car steering it VASTLY improved! I think the switch would just do what others have mentioned which would be to adjust the idle to compensate for low RPM steering load/pressure. But even then it isn't bad. I plan to order another sensor but just thought I would update anyone incase they do a future search for power steering.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks for your thoughtfulness in advising regard your final fix. As you comprehend, this make the thread useful for others in the future.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!