Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 10:57 AM

gotta put 20 grand into the 240 first
Old 02-06-2007, 11:11 AM

I'll see if I can go get pictures of it today. keep in mind, the exterior is really really REALLY dirty, but all the panels are good, and none have more than 1-2 quarter sized dings that any paint shop could remove for 10 bucks.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:34 PM

Sorry it took so long to get pics, life got in the way for a while.

So far, only one part is gone, that's the power window switchboard for the driver's side.

Every other part is in good/perfect shape, aside from the hood struts and trunk struts. it's dirty, so you can't really see the shine the car has, and the interior is a bit dirty from being at the shop, though it was clean not three days prior

the headlights have VERY clear casings. Not a lick of rust ANYWHERE. Exhaust is great, no problems at all. The engine is salvageable, and would be a good cantidate for repair. It needs an extrusion and honing (I could have done for ~100 dollars) and some slightly larger pistons, and a new connecting rod. total job would be a basic .20 or .30 bore over. There is nothing wrong with the block or any peripherals, aside from the water pump (which was about to be replaced)

The driver's side seat is the only one with any signs of age whatsoever. All the leather in the car is still soft and smooth, with less feel or visible age than most two year old cars

The driver's seat is power and all the electrica motors in it are strong and fine. Clean, full rage of motion, no clicks, wines, or abnormal noises at all.

The wheels and tires are brand new. Both have seen less than 150 miles. No rash, scrapes, blemishes of any kind.

If you have any questions, PM me, or give me a call at 520-560-3126, since I often forget to check this forum (have three that I have to check other than this one for the rx-7, BMW, and 240)

Door panels are good, upholstry is good, carpet is good, the floor mats are good, though there is a bit of staining on them, which I can have dry-cleaned out.

And it has all 4 floor mats why the car comes with those two napkin-sized ones for the rear is beyond me.

The rear wheel bearings are brand new, too.

The mousebelts are strong, too, the driver's side one (as you may be aware) is brand new. so if you don't want to pay about 650+ bucks frmo ad ealer for one, I gurantee mine will work )

I also have a set of the stock wheels that I will sandblast to get the nasty chrome off of, and can refinish them however anyone who wants to buy them wants (for however much it costs to have them refinished, or you can just buy the sandblasted wheels and have them refinished yourself)

-Colin

Last edited by Sr240sx; 02-28-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:19 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
I love those wheels, What kind are they? How much? I can probably get them cheaper here though huh? Im in VA....How much for th eoriginal floormats? How about the pass side taillights?
This is very sad for you to do....wish I could take it off your hands. cheaply.

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
I love those wheels, What kind are they? How much? I can probably get them cheaper here though huh? Im in VA....How much for th eoriginal floormats? How about the pass side taillights?
This is very sad for you to do....wish I could take it off your hands. cheaply.

I wish I didn't have to, I really love the car. But putting money into it is simply not an option anymore. put the coupe through a cinderblock wall (~ 2 feet high) a few days ago, and am having to pay the 500 dollar deductible to get it fixed.

I could let all the floor mats go for 35 + shipping and however much it costs to dryclean, or you could just dryclean them yourself.

Passenger side taillights, probably 50 or so + shipping?

Wheels cost us 600. Tires cost another 450. I'd let them go for 600 + shipping. Shipping should only be 100 bucks or so, so with tires, I would probably bet against getting them cheaper.

They're 16x7, so they're a half inch narrower than stock, but still VERY grippey, and quieter than normal. tires for stock wheels will fit these rims.

My prices will all be negoiable.

I could probably extrude and hone the block and get it nice and tidy (to an anal mechanic's standards) for about 550-600 (this will be a bored over block, full engine with all the peripherals) and all it'd need is a connecting rod and pistons.

Tranny I can let go for 500. Shifts strong, no problems at ALL.

I can combine shipping as best I can (packing the floormats in with the wheels, for example)
Old 03-03-2007, 12:28 AM

so NOBODY wants parts from my car...?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:33 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
if you dont have any takers ill consider any interior pannels if the price is right, i am going to try to do some custom interior work and could use some spares incase i suck at it

what year is it? im wondering if the ecu would work in a 97
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
also, pm me a headlight quote if they are as clear as they are in the pic, ill take em
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)
Old 03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Give me a week and i'll probably have something for you. To bad the driver side window switches are gone...
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Sold my soul to Subaru

Need Parts

Do you have the beige interior? If so I need the rear soeaker covers. Like most SVXs mine are cracked where someone couldn't figure out you have to remove the whole panel to get to them...
Also depending on asking price and my available funds I might be interested in your hood front bumper and either d/s or p/s fender(forgot which one is damaged)...I have a totalled SVX in TN, but the frame isn't twisted though my dad parked it in a tree doing 100mph! Anyway so I've been using it as a parts car, but would like to get her up and going again.......some day...
Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Peace Sells... are you buying?

I'm in need of a security system for my Teal 92'.

Does yours work? If so what would you want for it?

Ira
Old 03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Homo Sapien Superior

How much do you want for the power steering pump? Assuming its in good condition.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
No one could save this car?