Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Knock sensor

Hey again. im throwing a code 28 in my 92 svx lsl. this is for the knock sensor on the left side. the check engine light will only come on every once in a while but never stays on for long. i was wondering if this was the sensor failing or if i have a bigger problem on my hands here. how often do these things actually fail? i found one for 42 bucks at auto zone. just wondering if you guys think i should replace it or if i should be looking for a cause for this code being thrown. also when i go to stop at a light or something for more than about 5 seconds the cars idle will bounce up and down quit a bit like down to 300 and up to about 800ish RPM would this be related to the knock sensor? im not trowing any other codes just the 28. thanks Paul
Old 05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Was this issue ever resolved?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:20 PM

Smile reply

The problem was a knock sensor that was bad. It had been replaced by paul before I bought the car. The Idle problem was the bolts on the upper plenium were loose and the gasket was torn. I bought this car for 1650.00 dollars from paul out of mn. It was not in the shape he said it was. I was disappointed. So I fixed the problems with the car and sold it for 4000.00. I spent 6 hours my time and 180.00 dollars to fix it. Thanks Fishtail.