Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-10-2007, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bizarre Send a message via Yahoo to Bizarre Send a message via Skype™ to Bizarre
Wrx exhaust and paint

Hey team,

Will a WRX exhaust fit an svx?

and

What is the part number for the black paint on a 95 SVX?

Thanks,
Adrian

"In times of peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side." Sun Tzu c 300 b.c.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
What part of the exhaust?

Firstly, you cannot hotswap a WRX exhaust into the SVX. Main reason is there won't be enough headers. You also have no place to put a downpipe.

Secondly, the undercarriage of both cars were designed with their respective exhausts in mind, and I do not believe they match, so you would need new piping, which is cheap anyway.

Thirdly, I think unless you converted it to a dual outlet, it would look stupid. At least one person is using a single outlet and their exit tip is huge.

If you just want the muffler, or some other random part, sure, you can stuff whatever you want under there.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarre
What is the part number for the black paint on a 95 SVX?
The paint code for the 1995 Ebony Pearl is 235.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bizarre Send a message via Yahoo to Bizarre Send a message via Skype™ to Bizarre
Looking to improve performance. Not looking to impress high school chicks with a low bass note. Pls recommend a system that improves mileage and is less constricting. If you know manuf. and part number that would be awesome.

"In times of peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side." Sun Tzu c 300 b.c.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarre
Looking to improve performance. Not looking to impress high school chicks with a low bass note. Pls recommend a system that improves mileage and is less constricting. If you know manuf. and part number that would be awesome.
The SVX muffler was designed to greatly reduce exhaust noise, which it does very well. It creates a lot of backpressure in the process as RPMs rise.
Replacing your stock muffler should improve your mid range a bit.

Deleting your muffler as I have done, and as a few other people have done, will noticably improve your mid range power, with no noticable loss of low end. If you go this route, be sure to add at least one resonator. One before each exit tip should work pretty well.

I'll get back to you and everyone on mileage as soon as summer hits.

--
One member seemed to have great success with a true dual set up. If you are not wary of emissions laws or do not require a bi-annual emissions check with your reregistration, you can delete your cats and go true dual with something like 2-2.25 inch pipe. I cannot vouch for this system but I read from that member here overall performance was improved immensely.

I am pretty satisfied with my muffler delete. It did more than I expected and is not as loud as I originally thought, so I am not getting pulled over. Though it is much louder than stock, I'm not sure it is even audible to the other motorists.

--

If you really want a muffler, Borla ($$$) > Stebro ($$) > Magnaflow ($) is the popular way to go.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 01-10-2007 at 09:28 PM.