Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3
The seats and steering wheel are the same as my '92 SVX-LS without the touring package.
That definitely is a JDM wheel. At the bottom of the ebay wheel, you can see the blank area where the stereo controls would go in the top of the line model. The base model did not have the controls. The wheel in the JDM catalog shows the stereo controls with the leather package. Also notice the Subaru logo and lack of horn buttons. The US wheel has a larger airbag and horn buttons on each side.

I have attached the ebay photo, the JDM wheel from a Japanese SVX brochure and a photo of a US-spec wheel for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheel comparisons.jpg (166.0 KB, 102 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 11-03-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
The US wheel has a larger airbag and horn buttons on each side..
That type of wheel was also fitted to the first Australian delivered SVXs (and it also had the cover where the audio controls would be).

My SVX has that exact wheel - and that type of wheel does NOT have an airbag.

What confuses me is that no 1992 SVX had a non-black roof, and that Claret colour was not available that year. I think that it is indeed a 1992 model, but it has been repainted.

Alternatively, it could be a 1995-1996 model JDM SVX, without a driver's airbag.

One thing is clear - it is definitely NOT an Australian delivered SVX.

The position of the reversing lights within the rear light cluster does not match what AUDM SVXs had, and AUDM SVXs were fitted with a rear spoiler as standard.

As well, AUDM SVXs did not have cloth seats, and neither did they have those weird looking floor mats!

Jason.

1992 Ruby Red SVX - 165,000km

....now with sequential VIN numbers!

1986 Holden (Isuzu) Piazza Turbo - 225,000km

1993 Mercedes W140 S500 Coupe - 153,000km

1990 Mercedes W124 300D - 313,000km

EG33 + 4EAT + VTD AWD = SVX

Last edited by JDW-SVX; 11-03-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX
That type of wheel was also fitted to the first Australian delivered SVXs (and it also had the cover where the audio controls would be).

My SVX has that exact wheel - and that type of wheel does NOT have an airbag.

What confuses me is that no 1992 SVX had a non-black roof, and that Claret colour was not available that year. I think that it is indeed a 1992 model, but it has been repainted.

Alternatively, it could be a 1995-1996 model JDM SVX, without a driver's airbag.

One thing is clear - it is definitely NOT an Australian delivered SVX.

The position of the reversing lights within the rear light cluster does not match what AUDM SVXs had, and AUDM SVXs were fitted with a rear spoiler as standard.

As well, AUDM SVXs did not have cloth seats, and neither did they have those weird looking floor mats!

Jason.
Oh, come on Jason admit it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you would love those mats in your car. Its a wonder that James did not have them fitted for you.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
Oh, come on Jason admit it,you would love those mats in your car. Its a wonder that James did not have them fitted for you.

Harvey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mats.jpg (139.4 KB, 97 views)

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 11-03-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
Definitely been repainted as no black roof and no Subaru label under the right rear tail light.

Steering wheel is a bit confusing though. All 91-93 JDM models had the stereo controls on the steering wheel except those with the optional airbag wheel which looked very similar to the US airbag wheel. The stereo controls were deleted on the 94-96 models with a cover replacement.

It may have had an original airbag steering wheel replaced with a 94-96 non-airbag wheel?

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 11-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Oh, come on Jason admit it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you would love those mats in your car. Its a wonder that James did not have them fitted for you.

Harvey.
Hmmmmm...

Some people love them, some hate them.

I have retained the originals from my JDM car. This is because I like the quality of them, as opposed to the pattern.

They are almost an inch thick, like a proper Wilton carpet. However, the swirl pattern and the green colour is definitely an acquired taste. I don't actively dislike the pattern, it's not as bad as some make out. However, I am planning to dye the carpets all black for use in Betty.

The all black interior and exterior will give me that Yakusa look. Particularly with the polished 17" rims, and mirror sunglasses.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlesnz
Definitely been repainted as no black roof and no Subaru label under the right rear tail light.

Steering wheel is a bit confusing though. All 91-93 JDM models had the stereo controls on the steering wheel except those with the optional airbag wheel which looked very similar to the US airbag wheel. The stereo controls were deleted on the 94-96 models with a cover replacement.

It may have had an original airbag steering wheel replaced with a 94-96 non-airbag wheel?
As I said above, I reckon it is an early pre 95 JDM car. Same seats as mine, same stereo control steering wheel.

Also, if it was a '95 as Jason suggests, it would then be Burgundy all over, not Claret. Claret is a good bit darker, and this car is definitely Claret.

It may have been resprayed for aesthetic reasons, maybe the owner did not like the black roof. It certainly looks very nice in the one colour.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-07-2006, 02:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:

Harvey.

*laughing* Those were one of the things that I wanted to get, as well as the rear blinds, the boot (trunk) protector and I heard that Germany got some sort of fitted luggage.

Got to love the JDM sales catalogue with the *ahem* dubious add-ons!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Last edited by svxcess; 01-13-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
I heard that Germany got some sort of fitted luggage...
And thats not all they got. Here is a scan of one of the photos in the German SVX Accessories catalog.

How about a Sterling Silver SVX keychain? I have been searching for years for this one. I finally tracked one down, but the fellow wanted something equivalent to $400.00US for it.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Nice!

Do you have any more images from the German catalogue?

Australia did not get anything close to what appears to have been offered in the Japanese and German markets - any ideas why those two markets got these and rest of world did not?

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: